Couch to 5K
54,952 members87,491 posts

Yeay!!!!!

womensrunning.competitor.co...

45 Replies
oldestnewest

I knew there was a reason there somewhere...:)

2 likes

Slow and steady all the way

2 likes

Well I was excited... got a bit carried away when it hit my e nail :)

what's an e nail floss!! ??!! :)

2 likes

:) perhaps it should have read... e-snail :)

1 like

Never!😊😆xxx

1 like

Ha ha! And at my speed I should live forever!!

3 likes

Me too !

1 like

Good to know😉xxx

2 likes

Isn't it?x

1 like

Great news! I'll have to cut back on my mileage though 😩

3 likes

Actually.... now you mention it..... so will I.... :) !

2 likes

Snails definitely rock! Love this

4 likes

We do!!!!

Very interesting!

I shall now stop feeling inadequate when I don't meet my weekly running targets and console myself with the fact that although slow, I should live to run for longer! Lol. 😂😃🍾

5 likes

.... well....it was a flag up fromWomen's Running... and some of the links were brilliant... I got a tad over excited... because, at my age... every little helps! :)

You are doing just fine :) x

2 likes

Yes yes yes! Im good for this one....... but maybe fewer miles .....didnt expect to ever say that!

1 like

I know.. it was just the, live longer, that excited me:)

If we go slow enough they will never be rid of us, result! 🏃🏻‍♀️👏🏼

4 likes

My sentiments exactly!!! I had such a slow run this morning... wet and soggy and very muddy...it was fabulous... and now, I know... it was good for me :) As you say... result!

2 likes

The rain this morning was.....WET, but Im glad I got out as I had a grand run! So quiet every where, loved it. Slow steady and marvellous! 😀🏃🏻‍♀️

3 likes

After being on and off the IC, I cannot tell you how great the rain, the mud and the general sogginess felt...

Go you!!!!

1 like

Yay! That is what I am running (well, I was until I tried to find out if I could bounce!). :)

1 like

Wonderful!!!

1 like

As the token man on this thread, can I point out that it doesn't say what anybody died from..............they might have all got knocked down by buses.

3 likes

Oh dear.. now you may have spoiled it for me and I was so excited ! x

1 like

Hee hee - you don't live longer, it only seems like it 😄

2 likes

I know a joke about that... :)

Brilliant news! Thanks OF. Before reading this hot news, I'd just downloaded the '10k in 8 weeks' training plan from Women's Running and found it just gets you up to being 'out there' at whatever pace for 50 mins or so. Well I can already do that thanks to c25k - but I only cover 5k in that time (loneliest snail in parkrun). So that training plan is a bit silly IMHO - at least badly named. Also, since graduation, I am really enjoying little runs - like running to the beach for 20 mins yesterday for a (very little) swim. so - onward and shortward for me (for now). PS, I had an e-nail end of last week and used t-tree and some tubey toe protectors and it's fine now. X

3 likes

All sounding very positive!

I did the 10K revisited plan from Women's Running.. it was great... it did not improve my time on my first 10K, but taught me a heck of a lot! It was very disciplined...:) There was a 10K for beginners, plan in the same magazine issue... that did get you running to 10K...:) I will message you re-that :)

I like the e nail joke!!!

Thanks OF!

1 like

Haha, well, fancy that? 😂

Slow is my middle name from now on, lol. There's nothing wrong with snails, steady, but sure. 😁😊

2 likes

I agree.. totally!

Thanks for that!

What a relief, certainly takes the pressure off. No more worrying about Parkrun times for me!

1 like

No need for worry ever,,, you are there and doing just fine:) This link was, just, a bit of fun really as I am the slow and steady champion :)

1 like

Thanks, just what I needed to hear...I had a disappointing (to me) finish last wknd at my first "real" 5k. It was a small field and I finished 3rd last even tho my time was not bad for me. I've been talking myself back round to a positive attitude as I am 59 and have progressed from a totally sedentary lifestyle to running 3 days a week. Gremlins begone!

1 like

... and you are doing brilliantly! Crush those pesky gremlins!!!

Nice to see someone agreeing with my approach at last. Refuse to be chivvied into going faster/further than feels right, and don't some people love a well-meaning chivvy :^)

1 like

They do.. slow and steady.. gets us there.. in one piece and having enjoyed!

Thanks for that. It kind of makes sense. The slower you run, the less strain on your heart, which can only be a good thing, combined with a whole food, decent, healthy diet as we all reach old age.

1 like

Just a bit of fun... but yes, it all follows doesn't it :)

There's only one snag with this Floss. You don't run that slowly 😏

2 likes

I know... I choose my speed carefully :)

This started as fun, as I know that some folk think I am a pain with my. slow and steady :) When it popped up in my e mail.. it was like a sign from the gods !

It has been a fun thread :) Bit like one of your excellent snippets!!

3 likes

You can never be a pain 🙂

Thanks for posting - good news!

1 like