Couch to 5K
71,497 members • 103,518 posts

The joy of socks

I've been having problems with sore feet for the past few weeks. My trainers were properly fitted but I'd been getting blisters on my arches and then because of the pain I've been adjusting my gait and this has been causing further problems. I thought it was down to flat feet and was planning on seeing a podiatrist for custom inserts. Thought Id try out some new running socks last week though just incase and it's solved all my problems! I can't believe what a difference they make! Just wanted to share this incase anyone else is having similar issues!

I just have my Graduation run to go now - looking forward to it being pain free! 🏃🏻‍♀️☺️ Xx

11 Replies
oldest • newest

Yes it makes a huge difference. I got a gait analysis done 2 weeks ago and got new runners plus socks. I used to get pins and needles on my right foot after running during the cool down walk and for 10 mins afterwards. Since getting the new gear I have no more problems. Well other than hay fever 🤒

1 like

I know what you mean, nudge, nudge, wink, wink!!!!!

1 like

😏😂 couldn't resist! ☺️Xx

Running socks ARE a joy😎..

Everyone should treat themselves to some..

1 like

Two months ago I never would have believed that new socks could be considered a treat! And yet here I am!! :) xx

1 like

I was very amused when I opened my running socks to find them marked 'left' and 'right' 😂 They do make such a difference though!

1 like

Most runners are just thick........

2 likes

So what socks did you buy? There are so many to choose from?

1 like

They are Nike DriFit ones. Nothing too fancy but I think it's the wicking that does the trick! :)

Thanks Rach. I'll give them a try. Anything to help these old legs!!!

Thank you. I have not had such problems (yet) but will bear this in mind in case (I am hoping to break in the running sandals but just in case...)

1 like

You may also like...