W8D1- ah such country drama

My running partner was a little stiff today, so I made her stay home. She isn't pleased with me, she was standing at the door on her back feet (so she could see out the window) crying at me as I left. Heart breaker! Anyway, I decided to look at it as an opportunity. I'm always looking at my watch (I am pace-clueless without it) and slowing down the pace my body wants to run, so I can actually finish the runs. I decided without Abs and her occasional interuptions, it would be a good time to try it 'without watch' too.

On my last run, I hit 5k in 36+ minutes. Could I do it again without good pace control? Off I went. I could tell I was running faster, but tried to keep it under control. Right at the 1mile mark I ran through a spider's web, and saw the spider land on my left shoulder. I'm not fond of spiders, I can show you my heart rate monitor data to prove it. So, while I was flailing-running, I stepped in a hole. Luckily my ankle didn't seem turned, and it got my mind off the spider that I was sure was on my back, along for the ride. I continued running with a more elevated heart rate. Long-story-not-really-short... it was about all I could do to make it to the 28 minute run for the day, but I did, barely. I slowly walked out the rest of the 5k. Oddly, I finished it in almost the exact same time as two days ago. I think I should thank the spider, I ran that second mile really fast (for me).

Cheers!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldest ‚ÄĘ newest
  • Well done and I hope your running buddy feels better soon ūüėé

You may also like...