Start of week 9

week 9 already!

From a standing start to 30 minutes non stop running, how cool is that?

Got spotted out on my run today by a friend who later texted me to ask if it was me. Few things to note about that -

1) I'm not worried about running in the light now

2) he actually said that I was running, not shuffling or plodding, but running

3) I must have a distinctive gait/body shape for him to spot me in the 1st place

Anyway, run 1 done and so pleased with myself that I registered myself ready for the local park run on Saturday.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

18 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Ian! not far now! Great idea, graduate at Parkrun, mention it to the run director on arrival and they may give you a mention in thier weekly news writeup..😀

• Thanks Dave, great advice.

• I graduated at Bushy Parkrun with a 1000 other runners, it didn't mess up my run! Then at the end my mate bought me a great bacon sarni, and gave me a well done card with a c25k graduates metal pin badge inside! can't be bad, can it!😁

• A fine finish there Dave.

I'm planning a quiet costa coffee after I'm done. While sipping away I may be contemplating 10k's and more ....

• Well done getting this far, the rest is easy ;-) Graduating at Parkrun is a fine idea (if that's your plan) but *might* mess up your graduation run, depends on how confident you are I suppose. Double good feelings if you do pull it off though :)

• Originally I was going to do the park run the week after graduation but I felt that good after the run today I couldn't resist. Measuring my distance run on google gave me around 5k. So, feeling confident and not overly worried about how long it takes me to finish.

• Do it! I started week 8 today amd ran my local park run route to see how I would fare. I managed my 28 minute run plus more and finish time was 46 minutes, which included the five minute warm up walk.

• excellent idea!! Go for it!! :-)

• Thank you.

• Great stuff Ian, Well done ! :-) xxx

• Thanks poppypug - your encouragement has certainly played a part in me getting this far.

• Aw youre a star, thank you, that's really kind of you xxx

• Wowsers go you! You Parkrunner you...xx

• You'll be there yourself shortly for sure. Plus, I still have to do it yet!

• Fantastic! You must be so excited to graduate!

• Oh yes, more excited than a child at Christmas.

• Not surprised! That will be me next week!

• So many graduations this week (said quietly so the gremlins don't hear).

I'm also considering Park Run as a way of keeping up - a weekly goal. Just wish I wouldn't have to get up so early on a Saturday morning!!

You may also like...