Couch to 5K

I did it!!!!

I did it!!!!

Well - the gremlins had been out in force since Tuesday - namely in the shape of the weather :(

But this afternoon, the paths were mainly ice and snow free, the clouds cleared slightly, there were tiny patches of blue sky allowing the sun to be visible at times, and it was a tropical 4 degrees. So out I went to complete Week 9 Run 3 - and I did it! :D

Not 5k yet - but a satisfying 3.75km at a pace of 8 min/km.

This is me having just finished my run (and yes - the brightness in the background is the sun which put in an appearance to help me celebrate! ) :D :D :D

Now sitting at home with a cat purring next to me and a cup of tea (and a choccie biscuit or two)! :)

40 Replies
oldestnewest

Fantastic! You should be feeling very proud of yourself!

2 likes

I still can't quite believe I am able to run for 30 minutes!!!

2 likes

It's an awesome feeling isn't it!!

1 like

Yes - still don't believe I've actually done it!

2 likes

Trumpet fanfare plays!

Congratumalations!! Well done !

2 likes

Thank you :)

Congratulations on a good run Cookie M.

2 likes

:)

1 like

Yeaaaaaa well done and congratulations graduate 🎓🍾⭐️🏅

3 likes

The badge looks good next to my name :D

2 likes

It really does, lovely and very well deserved!

1 like

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

And there she was... All graduated😃😃😃😃😃

Well, the fizz is well freezy... it's been out under the graduation tree in that bitter wind all day. There's iced tea too (not by design of course). We have a selection of cakes, a rather nice c25k red, masses of balloons and streamers and of course your cap and gown. I hope you're sufficiently recovered to PARTAAAAAAY!!!

🌟🎈🌟🎂🎊🎉🍻🍷🍸🎓🍸🍷🍻🎉🎊🎂🌟🎈🌟

Massive CONGRATULATIONS

CookieM you've done us all proud!

6 likes

Bring it on McFitty .. extra glass of bubbly for me please.. :)

4 likes

I'll certainly enjoy the party!! :D I've been looking forward to it since I first heard 'Julie'!!!!!!!

3 likes

Well done. Especially in this weather. My cats always seem to moan at me to feed them or put them out when I get in from run. Then I can sort out my cup of tea. After a run in this weather tea and biscuit is great. Makes you appreciate the simple things in life, except the cats !

Think weather knocking everyone out of sync. Couldn't do my regular Friday morning run to work . Took chance this afternoon and like you the SUN popped out for a couple of minutes.

Rain due Sunday and Monday so may have to take chances on Monday. will see.

2 likes

One of my cats (the one I'm named after!) always comes and helps me with my stretches - she particularly likes any where I am lying on the floor!!!!! :)

I try and plan my runs with my diary and the weather forecast! Doesn't always work, of course!

1 like

Well done CookieM, I am really pleased for you! Great photo and a wonderful run. Enjoy your graduation party! 🎓🎓👏🏻👏🏻😀😀🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏻🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏻

3 likes

I will :D

2 likes

Ta Dah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Graduate..huge huge well done you!

Very, very well done in this, not so good weather! Have an extra choccy bic! :)

1 like

I might have a few!!!! [and take away curry tonight too :D]

2 likes

Wow well done. You must be feeling fantastic to have completed it x

1 like

I still can't quite believe that I have!! :)

1 like

Yee ha! Well done you graduate you. That's great.

1 like

1 like

Great stuff - well done.

1 like

Congratulations, what a great start to the new year! 🍸😀

1 like

:D

Lovely pic - and well done! :) :) :) :) :) Hope you had a nice celebratory curry tonight too :) (one of my cats is lying across me as I write this, defying me to go *anywhere*, let alone for a run! ;) )

1 like

It was lovely! I can't eat curry very often and we rarely have takeaway, so it was a real treat!!! :)

Cats are both upstairs asleep - though it is approaching the time when one or other of them comes downstairs to find out when we are going to bed to join them!!! ;)

1 like

:D Out old dog used to come and look pointedly at us then put himself to bed when he felt it was that time! Sadly, with the two we have now, the cats don't come downstairs :(

:( about the cats not coming downstairs.

But I love the idea of your dog telling you it was bed time! :)

Usually I go up first, and once I am in bed, our other cat will go and lay across the top of the stairs waiting for Mr C to come to bed!

Many congrats, that's fabulous, and an inspiration to us newbies. You deserve to celebrate 🎈🎶🎊

1 like

As I have been saying to my friends - if I can do it (as an overweight asthmatic who has never run before in her life!), anyone can!!

That's fantastic - well done 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Bet it feels really good to graduate.

1 like

It does- although I still can't quite believe I can run 30 minutes without stopping!!!

1 like

Well you have and you can. Big question is what next??

Consolidating the 30 minute runs and extending them until I get to 5k (currently 3.8k max)......and start Parkrun!!

1 like

Belated Congratulations :) Ideas away for a while and just saw this now. Well Done Cookie :)

1 like

Thank you :)

1 like

You may also like...