W7 R1 Finish on a high she said......haha

W7 R1 Finish on a high she said......haha

Been unable to get out for the last 4 days 😑 but this morning I logged on here for my usual dose of inspiration and in 22 degrees heat in full sunshine, I got those running shoes out and set off.

Great first 10 minutes - steady pace, enjoying the views, felt comfortable on the downward run. Then around the corner into the long stretch on a slight incline - less easy here, calves not too bad today (still achy) but just felt generally tired. Passed a young fit runner who waved and smiled encouragingly at me ( I always straighten my back when I see another runner approaching - trying to pretend I know what I'm doingπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚).

Voices in my ears from Laura and MMR updating me on progress kept me going and although I am not getting at all fixated on speed was encouraged to hear I was going a little faster more consistently. Maybe after 7 weeks, I am getting a bit fitter after all?

Now really feeling it and my brain said stop but my legs just kept on going - one after the other after the other - hard work at this stage......

And then another turn and along my favourite bit along a stream and under the trees in the cool shade on a flat which lifted my spirits and then the BIG hill arose before me, resplendent in full sun! I have run all the way up this twice before and although on a couple of occasions I slowed right down I made it up to the top again today - hurrah!

Back into the shade and a downwards track and then back onto the level.

Laura then asked me if I wanted to finish on a high and I thought why not? So for the last minute I straightened by back, lifted my head and upped my pace and gave it all I had and before I knew it she said stop πŸ˜€ - WOW! I was actually laughing when I finished - well through all my puffing anyway......

Onwards and upwards - going to try for the next one Sunday morning

Happy days πŸ˜€

23 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Woo Hoo ! Well done !

Had to laugh where you wrote that you always straighten your back when you see another runner - I still do that now ! Ha ha :-D

Lovely post and you finished the run on a high laughing your head off - Result !

Gorgeous pic too, look at that lovely blue sky - Fabulous ! :-) xxx

• Haha!! Glad I'm not the only one :-)

• Well done you I knew you could do it and in the heat as well I am not going to say it's in the bag yet but the fact you managed a burst at the end was more than I managed this morning but ever onwards and upwards

• Oh - it's not in the bag by any stretch of the imagination but it was a good run and I'm enjoying this feeling as those gremlins might be chasing me on the next one :-)......I'm convinced that burst was a fluke and we'll see how I get on next time - boy did I laugh at my "proper fast" running πŸ˜‚moment

• I only ever managed two bursts during the nine weeks as I got so wrapped up in the running I sort of switched off and was only waiting for her to say stop running now. Have you seen the tags you have they should make you laugh.

• Oy My Goodness - where did those come from - that is so funny πŸ˜‚

• You used the term MMR in your post and it obviously interpreted it as measles

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ - oh dear and I thought I was being so clever with my abbreviations

• Did you mean mapmyrun

• Yup!!

• I'm glad I'm not the only person to find myself laughing at the end! I thought I was mad. :)

• I think we might all be mad Anne πŸ˜€ mine was a slightly hysterical one πŸ˜‚ interspersed with deep heaving breaths!!

• Great to hear you got through it & pushed on. Helps with confidence too, I think if you know you have some energy left in the tank!

Have to agree - I too laugh at the end & even congratulate myself - if I've had a good run. This is why I run early - so no one spots me!

• Good tip... may have to consider that!

• Wow, well done you! A great uplifting run report 😊😊😊😊 and finishing with such panache, woooo - hoooβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈπŸ˜… Lovely photo'.

I think there are quite a few who are prone to the 'out loud' laugh at the end, never fails to make me jump!

• It's such a great feeling when you push through it all and finally get there so i am glad I am not the only "laugh out loud" person on here πŸ˜€

• I get my best speeds when I see anyone but slump again as soon as they are out of sight! Looks really beautiful, am impressed you have run in the heat and still had a bit left in the tank at the end πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• Thanks it was lovely out there today.

I think I do too - straighten the back, pick my my feet - haha! :-)

• Hubby just told me if keep running I will end up looking like Jessica Ennis-Hill πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Love it x

• Isn't that just the best feeling, knowing there's just that little bit extra in the tank! Beautiful picture, both the blue sky one and the one I have in my head of you running, running and then laughing, laughing. Joyous :)

• Thanks - it was a good'n :-) Got to hold on to that and keep the confidence high now .....

• I run with back straighter and try to puff less when I see another runner. Soon as they are out of sight I gasp for airπŸ˜ƒ. Looks a locely place to run. Some great scenery on here recently. My routes are more urban with an occasional rough bit of field. Have to imagine better scenery until I can tackle the hills around here.😯😯

You may also like...