Thank you C25K

Just pinching myself to make sure this is real and it is.....I am about to go on a summer holiday for a second year .... as a runner!! I haven't broken any records , haven't improved much on my time running 5K but I don't mind. I think I have come a long way after 30 years as a smoker and now over 2 1/2 years as an ex smoker (and with COPD as a result,) but I am happy with what I have achieved and I thoroughly enjoy every minute of running. I only wish I had started running when I was 16 instead of starting smoking! Thank you C25k!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Not many of us will break any running records in the traditional sense but that Sounds like a great achievement to me!

• Congratulations for perservering Trish. I wish I had got into it as a young girl too, still better late than never and I suppose we can try to get the young people we know out there and trying it except of course they'll know best - just as we did!

• Lovely post! You should be so proud of your achievements. Hope you enjoy your hols and find somewhere nice to run!

You may also like...