W9R1- Technically I've graduated!

After my shocker of a W8R3, I left 3 days before heading out for my 3rd 30 minute run last night. I went on a route I haven't been on a while and was reminded how much harder it is to run on uneven grassy fields - you have to lift your legs so much higher! I much prefer an earthy track.

Pushing through the first 2k, I was shocked when I looked at Strava and was on 1.9, could have sworn it should be 2.9! The last time I was in these fields was around week 4 and I could remember how I had to really struggle to finish my intervals. It was encouraging to see how far I'd come. Around about 3.2k I was feeling strong again after my sluggish initial 20 minutes. I looked at the clock and figured I might be able to get a sub 30min 4k in. As I went back onto tarmac and through the village I really pushed hard for the last 600m. Nearly made it - 30.08, which I was really pleased with. I do like running with Strava - it gives me something extra to do so I don't get quite as bored…little targets work well with me.

So that takes me to 3x 30minute runs so technically I've graduated! I accidentally skipped a couple of week 8 runs just because I felt I had more in me but I'll do another 2 before I bring out the trumpets :D :D Just to check I can definitely do it!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • you've done 3x30 minutes of running, I think that qualifies as graduation. Congratulations! You've come a long way. :-)

• You've done it!!! Congratulations on your graduation!!!! πŸƒπŸƒ

You may also like...