Bye bye gremlins

W7r2 done and dusted! I think I've been suffering from the work of gremlins since Monday's run. I had an aching leg, thought I'd got a bug from my children, worrying that I would injure myself and generally feeling low and anxious. So this morning I told myself that I would run. I also told myself that that if my leg ached or if I felt under par I would be sensible and stop, so excuses squashed I started. The first half was hard work, but I felt ok so no excuse to stop, then I started to feel much better! The feeling of being much better progressed into a feeling of elation and positivity (is there such a word?) I ran an extra minute to prove to myself that the gremlins are just in the mind and don't really exist and that I enjoy running and the the feeling of exhilaration and satisfaction after having completed another step!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! Most mornings I tell myself well if I start I can always take a shorter route but I haven't done it yet!! I think starting is the hardest bit and whatever we have to tell ourselves to get out is great as once we are out - the world is our oyster!!!

• Yes, the starting is the hard part. In future I think I will just stop thinking about doing it and just do it!

• Sounds very similar to my last run (W8R2). Felt good until about 6 minutes, wanted to go home at 9 mins then really wanted to go home at 12. Things started to pick up by about 16 then felt great at about 20. Plugged on to 28, felt like I could keep going so I did! Best run I've ever had and the furthest and longest. Getting the first 10 minutes out of the way is the trick!

• I will think of you when I do w8 next week! I'm sure I can do it if I can keep a positive mind.

• Positivity? You betcha it's a word. Well done on persevering, jasyrolo .

You may also like...