Plugging away

Having got excited with my progress last week, I had to take four days off running.   I've not been feeling quite right with a combination of a temperature and an aching leg.   I'm not entirely convinced I'm under the weather instead I think either the weather or hormones are having a laugh around my body.   I say that because in the change of seasons I often struggle with a sore leg as, following a blood clot, my veins seems to be sensitive to temperature change which can be fun during Spring and Autumn.   But equally so I fall into the age bracket where hormones flair different aspects for life.

But today I pulled the running gear back on and decided to redo W8R3.   I made it.   The internal heating system is all to put, but I'm upright, nearly ready for a shower, and just writing some of the pieces of work I will need for this afternoon.

Who knows maybe Week 9 will rear its head on Friday - although I'm tempted to give myself an extra week 8 and then move on confidently next week.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good for you on getting out. Your leg sounds bloomin' painful but you've done it. The change of seasons really does a number on me too but more from headaches and hayfever although the hormones also have a crack too. 

• I do think the weather plays a big part on how we feel on a run, so it might be a combination of factors for you. I think you should move on. You've done week 8.

You may also like...