time to let the world know...

started (ever so secretly) the C2 5K as a new year resolution...

and promised myself to finish by my 67th birthday. (next Wednesday)

had a few hiccups (grandma duties and heath) and because i'll be travelling , decided to cheat!?...a bit...

skipped part 3 of week 8 and went to week 9 (didn't tell laura though)

having never run in my life, am gobsmacked how easy it was to manage it.

that's it really...

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

13 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done disdat! You are obviously a natural! Why are we so sheepish and reluctant to share our plans to get fitter? I was exactly the same, plus running in the dark in case anyone saw me! Now I really dont care (almost!) Wishing you a very happy birthday for next Wednesday!

• ta!!...

• We won't tell Laura if you won't =] It's funny how many of us were embarrassed to mention our intentions to others when we started. Well done, you're so close to graduating! And happy birthday next week, I hope that your family spoils you =]

• Well done you! Sounds like you've done really well and kept that promise to yourself. It's such a great programme and I hope that you continue to get pleasure from your running.

• thank you!

• Well done. My family doesn't know either, but it's nothing unusual for me to go out for walks at unusual times - and even the occasional run. They know I'm bonkers!

• Whoo hoo! Great birthday present to yourself. Well done.

• Well done, that is fantastic, and happy birthday for Wednesday!

• Good for you. Congratulations on taking up running and doing so well. :) :)

• Woop woop - what a fab 67th birthday present to yourself! Hope you're not still keeping it secret, you should shout about it! I'm ten years younger than you, on week four and you've just given me a large dollop of inspiration. Thank you and congratulations! x

• thank you! (not a secret anymore...i'm now officially boasting!?...and expect everyone to make a fuss...;-)

• Well done you!!! Have a great birthday πŸΎπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚

• Wow - what an inspiration you are!

I'm more and more convinced that I can succeed when I read posts like yours.

Happy birthday

You may also like...