Wk4R3 tomorrow

Hello! This is my first post here :)

I had attempted different running techniques for a while but I got bored of them pretty quickly and never tried them again.

To cut a long story short, I started this programme this time last year and after I had completed Wk4R2, I decided that I was far too exhausted to do the third run. The 2nd was a complete disaster! I completely overdid it and knackered myself. I was very annoyed and disappointed with myself.

I quit running for a year afterwards.

4 weeks ago, I thought I'd try again and here were are. The good news is, I don't feel anything like I did last year and I feel confident that I can get through Wk4R3! I am actually looking forward to it. I bought a winter running jacket last year so I am determined to have the chance to actually use it this time (providing it actually gets cold enough!!).

I will post tomorrow to let you all know how I got on!

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited by

7 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I found that once I'd learned to run with C25K, I didn't want a jacket. Minus 10 and I am still in the same kit of long leggings and long sleeved t shirt - so long as I have good gloves and buffs on head and round neck that is. Even in rain and hail I've not found a jacket preferable, although maybe for one of my longer runs it would be a good idea (given that I am running on moors etc sometimes)

Good for you for coming back to running - it sounds as though you have lots to gain from doing the programme and it is all happening for you.

• Good for you! You certainly sound like you believe can do it this time, and that mental battle is huge! Good luck with your next run.๐Ÿ‘

• Sounds like this time will be different and you're in the right frame of mind. Keep that positivity. You can do it!

• Go for it. You'll be a graduate this time

• What do you think made the difference this time round?

• hello!

Well, the good news is, I completed w4r3! I have literally just come back from w5r1!

To Bananabanana, last time I had a number of issues such as: I used to take my dog with me and at that point last time she really became a distraction whenever I went out because I was always worrying about where she was/what she was doing. Also, I tried to change the area where I was running and I think it was too bumpy of a terrain and too far from home at that stage. I think I got a bad cold around that time as well.

This time I started again feeling a bit more positive about it and I decided not to take the dog with me (she yells at me when I get home though).

(I started typing this over an hour ago and forgot haha!)

• I take my dog along too! She takes care of herself though. She brings a ball along in case I throw it for her (I don't, but it makes her want to keep up with me) and she goes off lead since it's easier that way.

I run laps along the road in front of my house And back.

You may also like...