Extended my 7:47 pace to 20 klms!

The first Parkrun I ever did back in late January 2014 ( 20 months ago?) , I did it using run/walk of 30sec/30sec at a pace of 7mins: 47secs per klm. A week later I did another one using C25K W1D2 run/walk ratio of 1 min/90sec at a pace of 7:48 per K.

Today I did 4 repeats of my local parkrun - 20 klms - at a run/walk ratio of 1 min/30secs at 7:40 per k!!!

So - I think that I can say that my two most significant achievements coming from C25k is firstly to be able to run 5K non-stop under 30 minutes - and now to run my first parkrun pace for 20 K :)

It's only 10 AM - but after I finish this cup of coffee - I think I may go back to bed!!! :) Feeling just a tad tired!

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • 20km! That is seriously impressive Bazza, well done you!

• I'm not surprised you're Tired! amazing achievement Bazza, well done to you! :)

• That's great progress. Enjoy a well deserved rest !

• Wow, 20k, well done xx

• Don't blame you Bazza. Get back to bed for a nice rest! And well done on your most recent achievement, it's very impressive!

• well don 20 k. sleep well

• Well done, Bazza, that's a great run. Your achievements are both impressive and inspiring.

• Well done Bazza. That's inspirational indeed. If you can do it so can I!

• Well done Bazza - that's very impressive. You deserve a nap!

• Brilliant Bazza ! Sweet dreams :-) xxx

• That is amazing!!! You have trained so hard for your hm!! 20km is a long long way

• That's brilliant Bazza. An amazing distance to run!

You may also like...