Firstly... sorry for not posting much recently... life is hectic at times, but its great to see sooo many newcomers offering great advice that I can't really add to. Well done to all you just starting out... it will change your life!!
Anyhow... I am doing a HM in Sept and my ASICS plan calls for a 14km training run next week! This will be the furthest I will have ever run so I am think about preparation for this run.
- Take it easy.. slow the pace right down
- Take a drink and perhaps a gel
- Choose a time that is cooler and less humid
- Choose a route that is not too challenging.. perhaps my local canal towpath
- Use my metronome app to keep the pace going
I wonder if I should schedule the odd walking break??? I have run 10k non stop once before and did 7k the other evening... not sure..
Any other advice???