Tomorrow will be my graduation run. In my 30 minute runs I'm only managing 4k of running, but overall with the warm and cool sections I manage 5k.
So, after tomorrow, I have to think about what to do next!
1. Keep running 30 mins until it's 'easy' - not a preferred option as I feel I improve by pushing myself, not by consolidating)
2. Run longer, until I run 5k (maybe add 2 mins per week until I hit 5k during the running bit). Trouble is, my runs are getting longer and longer and frankly a bit boring because there are a limited number of routes near me.
3. Download the 5-10k app and see where it takes me
4. Do a park run - I run for peace and contemplation, I'm concerned I'd be irritated by the presence of other people.
5. Sign up for a 5k in say, 3 months - I should be ready by then?
6. Download the stamina and speed podcasts and see if they are any good (I run using an app + Spotify, not using the podcasts, and I'm reluctant to relinquish my own banging running choon playlist).
Infact, you know what, scrap all those daft questions, what I really want to know is, have I now earned myself the right to buy myself a funky gps heartbeat-counting runny watchy type gadget thingamy?!
PS. Glastonbury was phenomenal, as ever. My first run after my return was HARD due to lack of sleep, shedloads of booze and umpteen billion crafty fags.