Week 4, run 3, podcast stopped halfway through but kept going

My phone ran out of data for streaming the podcast half way through my run. But a combo of timers/alarms/judging distance by familiar landmarks from previous runs got me through to the end. It felt okay running with just the sound of my own breathing, and without Laura's encouraging reminders of how many minutes are left. My new data plan starts tomorrow so this won't affect me getting onto week 5 (as If I'm looking for excuses! Secretly really enjoying this :) )

5 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Ha ha not secretly any more!

• Well done! And your secret's out now :)

• I do get a few twinges, slightly sore feet, tight chest and my poor legs feel like lead weights. But I like the feeling of getting my body up to speed and becoming more fit. I think this feeling is the same thing I get from cycling. Speaking of which, if March isn't too cold I will begin commuting by bike again soon. This body is spending less and less time on that couch these days :)

• Sounds great. I cycle everywhere too. I got strava on my phone recently and started tracking my cycling as well as running. Amazing how the miles clock up from just short trips here, there and everywhere. Quite motivating to see it. Anyway, back to running, good luck with week 5, it's a good one!

• I had the same problem with the podcast... Your doing really well we done

You may also like...