The Deluge Run

Haven't had much time yesterday and today to myself but I completed my last run (W9R3) of the program yesterday afternoon.

The intention was to do the same run as last week, a 5K on a nice flat run on a cycle path.

Finally getting to Tesco I started the run in bright sunshine with blue sky's above but with a big black cloud looming in the distance, it had been tipping down about an hour earlier but I was sure the running gods would be kind. Just after turning for the return it started to rain, big drops, no big big drops; within 5mins it was coming down horizontally. I was soaking within moments, my shoes were waterlogged, my wrinkly bits were even more wrinkly and cold water was everywhere and I mean everywhere. The most unpleasant bit was water in my eyes and I looked like a dolphin blowing water out of its blowhole when I exhaled.

After the thirty min announcement from RK I had to stop, with no letup from the rain I made my way back to the supermarket. I grabbed my jeans, jacket, and day shoes and squelched into the store. I ended up commando with no socks or shirt, and a plastic bag that was dripping merrily as I looked for DW.

I ran 4.2km in 30min and the final K was run at 6.55 down from 7.22

In the spirit of the forum - Good Luck to Zeinab I know you Can do it :D and Well Done to runningknitter who has :D

Last edited by

8 Replies

• Wow - that sounded scary! Well done you - and fast! I expect you just wanted to get out of that weather!

• Blimey huff, that's seriously hard core ,wet and wild running!!! What an amazing finish to the programme, well done for completing it.... Hope the sun shines for you next time x

• Whoa The Huff ! Wow, water , water everywhere :-)

Congratulations on your graduation , don't think you will forget this run ha ha :-)

Good Luck for your future running adventures , and I hope that you've stopped squelching by now :-)

Well done you xxx

• Yeh congratulations :0). Was looking for your post. Well done for carrying on, that sounds horrid!! Are you dry yet ;0)?? Ooh and nice badge!

• Well done. Love the shiny badge. Happy running.

• Heehee Huff, you'll never forget your graduation run, will you? :) Many congratulations on your achievement and well done on a particularly quick last km. :)

• Well done for that raintown run and for graduating. Fantastic stuff.

• Well well done Huffnpuffin - Congratulations - Sounds more like a swim than a run - in fact if you added a supermarket trolley race it could become a new form of triathlon. Brilliant stuff - we have kept a seat warm for you in the Graduate's Common Room - just by the fire so you can dry out :)

You may also like...