Week 4, seem to be stuck!

Hey all,

I did 2 of the week 4 runs before getting a tummy bug which laid me up for a week, then repeated the whole of week 3 which was fine. I did first run of week 4 on Tuesday and was telling myself I know I can do it as I have done twice, but on the final 5 mins I got really severe back pain and had to quit after about a min and a half. So annoyed! I have week 4 again today and am worried about the back.

It might all be mind games? Although the back pain is very real :(

Any thoughts or tips?

Ta

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Back pain isn't funny. No real tips I'm afraid, apart from suggest you have your back checked out. Just a thought: are your trainers cushiony enough and are you running on a very hard surface? Sorry not to be more helpful but I'm sure someone with more experience will be along shortly!

• Thanks, I guess more than anything I'm just venting frustration! I will be getting gait analysis soon and that might give some indication of anything that's a problem. I've had infrequent back pain since having kids 26 years ago, be good to strengthen core muscles I suppose, but that will take time. Just really want to do let's this programme, so will keep at it!

• Really well done for getting this far and sticking with it. Have you tried Pilates? It is excellent for strengthening your core which supports your back and is a good complement to running. If your back pain is that severe I would get it checked by a doctor or physio first though. All the best.

• Thanks IP no haven't done Pilates, will look into it and yes if this carries on will get it checked properly.

You may also like...