Which tracker?

To my great delight Garmin have finally sorted out the issue with ANT+ and my 410 now talks to my computer and I can download data from my watch to Garmin Connect. Only the new 'Modern' version of Garmin Connect seems to be a lot less functional than the old style. Doesn't display splits or heart rate data etc, or if it does i can't find where. There seems to be a flood of similar comments on Garmin user sites. One of those classic examples of software companies taking something that works and 'improving' it in a way that no one wants.

So i am looking at using a different system. Now that I can the run data from watch to computer I can export it to whichever programme I choose. The question is, which one do I choose? Ideally I don't want to be chopping and changing. Everywhere I look for advice only confuses me more. Opinions seem to be extremely divide and supporters of the various programmes seem passionate and partisan in a Mac/PC, Mods/Rockers kind of way.

Ideally I want to be able to analyse my heart rate data, elevation gain and splits as well as just time and distance.

Anyone have any advice? Strava seems to be a strong contender at the moment.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...