1st run of the New Year, encouragement for the Newbies

When I started my C25K journey, I was unfit and called Piglet for a reason. Week 1 was tough, I didn't sail through it but I persevered to Week2 and then on and on. Had a blip in Week 5 but the encouragement of everyone here get me going. Now I have just finished W8R2 and with my trusty new Garmin (never thought I'd ask for running equipment for Xmas!!) I have mapped the route:

For anyone that has decided to pick up their running shoes, all I can say is that this is the best thing that I have ever done. Not just because I am fitter and getting slimmer but, above all, because I can't believe how far I've come. If like me you have never been able to run, trust in the programme, you really will make it.

Wishing you all the best,

Piglet :)

12 Replies

• Lovely post Piglet. My garmin was suppose to arrive Tuesday and it's still not here - can't wait to get it. Have you got the garmin 10?

• Yes it's the basic model in purple :) It was its first outing. Oooooo we can be Garmin buddies *bounces*

• woohoo! *runs round in excited circles* I think it might come tomorrow (crosses fingers and toes). Didn't know it came in purple.

• Right, the shop I ordered my garmin through have lost it between leaving the warehouse and arriving at the shop.. and they have no more in stock. So after a bit of dithering, I have ordered elsewhere and hope to pick it up late tomorrow afternoon...then I shall have to test drive it Sunday won't I :)

• Yes, yes you will! I hope that they gave you a full refund? Are you still going for orange? :)

• Fortunately I had been able to order to pay on collection so no hassle with refunding. However, I now have my orange Garmin...nearly wore it in bed but settle for having on my bedside table :)

First trial run with it today - 2 k in 15 mins. Love the precision. I am going to enjoy using it and it will add to the fun I think.

• 2k in 15mins is great! Glad the new toy got you out there :)

• Lovely inspirational post to let us know to keep going, tick the runs off and we'll see progress. Graduation and beyond here you come!

• I think every graduate of C25k here will agree with you. It's brilliant! Well done whoever invented it

I wanna Garmin! I want one now! Sob.

• Get a Garmin, you deserve it for graduating! I just want the new runners to understand that anyone really can do this programme and we've all had our challenges; normal people doing an extraordinarily life changing thing :)

• Lovely post! Can't wait to get there myself! Interesting to see your Garmin data, too. Thanks! xx

• The lovely lady that led me to Couch to 5 k had to drop out early on but today she tells me she's back on it. I'm really pleased for her as without her telling me about it I might never have found it, and got to Graduation. A Garmin will be mine! Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa LOL

You may also like...