W3 finished... Bring on W4

Having had a week's rest due to a knee injury I sustained during an very enthusiastic game of musical bumps at a hen party, I was really apprehensive about running W3 R3 last night. However it wasn't too bad at all!

I had been swithering about doing an extra run for W3 just to make sure I would be ready for W4 but in a moment of madness I decided to keep running after the last 3 minute run just to see how far I got. I got to the end of the podcast! Really looking forward to week 4 now as I know I can do it. And to quote Laura I did feel much better have pushed myself through a difficult run. Here's hoping I keep it up :) Very smug and pink.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hope you won the musical bumps ! Sounds like you are more than ready for week 4 and will get on fine. Just watch not to push yourself to cover too far too soon as I have been reading about that and it is apparently a major cause of injury. Oh I sound like a killjoy, and I don't mean to be... I am probably a lot more wary of that being a more ' mature' runner :)

happy running !

• I was second unfortunately! I will definitely be keeping an eye on it and will look in to getting some support if feels wrong. In the mean time I will keep running at my very slow pace :)

You may also like...