Oops! 2 months off, well almost three actually!

Well, I finished c25k back in June and loved it. The last two weeks of the plan I ran 5k on all three runs but then disaster struck.... First, I got ill, then my two little girls got ill and then I went to Spain for 6 weeks. While in Spain I did two 5k runs, it had been a month since I'd finished but I confidently run the 5k and enjoyed it . However, due to circumstances (namely sharing a bedroom with my two little girls) it wasn't really possible to get out in the mornings.

Fast forward to two months after that and I have finally got back into the saddle. After a disastrous first run where I walked most of the way I decided to go back to week 6 and interval train again.

This morning I managed a 23 minute run! Woohoo! (I naughtily ignored Laura telling me to walk 3 minutes between my 10 min runs) it has felt so good getting back out there, I have missed my morning runs so much. I have been reading other posts and it's lovely to see how every one is doing but now I feel happy enough to write my own.

Here's to running 25 mins on Friday!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Well done. It's good to know set backs don't stop us altogether & are just set backs. It must have been daunting to get back out there that 1st time back.

You may also like...