Week 9 and still loving it !

Well, after an indulgent weekend ( wine and chip heavy) which was also my two rest days after W8, I was itching to get out this morning.

Heavy rain yesterday resulted in the chalk track strewn with slugs....big ones ( 4inches long and as thick as your finger) which I attempted to weave my way round as I went. Also snails , most of which appeared to be in pairs ...? yeeuch don't even go there...!

Despite the profusion of slimy,crunchy wildlife underfoot I had a lovely run.I didn't even mind that J**** cropped up again,at least it was only during the warmup walk and that didn't seem as bad somehow.

Almost as soon as I started to run I got that "tingly arms extending up to the head feeling" ....I felt so good to be out there ( do I sound a bit mad ? well I am a bit anyway !).

I didn't get the usual struggle and slog feeling I almost always get in the first 10 minutes.....thats's a first ! I can honestly say I enjoyed the whole thing and though I kept my pace steady I really upped it for the last five minutes or so and I realised I had a huge grin on my face :)

Today was the best....I wish it had been my Grad run really , but I willl just take Runs 2 and 3 as they come this week - I finally feel as if I've got the hang of this continuous running thing....though keeping everything crossed that I don't go slipping on slug slime.... or worse.

Hope you've had a lovely Bank Holiday weekend.

Happy running all :)

Last edited by

20 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Great stuff Carole, welcome to your graduation week!

Hope all goes well for the next two runs - I'm sure it will.

I just had to post to cheer you on - and to show off my lovely new Graduate badge. I was thoroughly chuffed when I logged on and found it there this morning!

Keep on running - and you'll have your own lovely badge by the end of the week. The thought of that should be incentive enough to keep you dodging the slugs & snails...

• Ah thankyou young Scip,for your good wishes....lovely and supportive as always.

....and you got your badge ! .... I'm so happy for you :D Do you know,I'd forgotten that I'll be getting a badge,fingers x'd (can you tell I'm superstitious?!!) on Friday .....exciting !....but I'd still like them to be a more 'stand out ' colour,wonder why that grey was chosen ?

Well, I suppose it really doesn't matter....I'll just be happy to my mitts on it .

• I like to think of it as sparkly silver (even though it isn't really!)

• yeah....or platinum even !

Just good to have it against your name ...a little badge to show how far you've come and what you've achieved .Well done again on yours !

• It is amazing what people will put themselves through for a little grey badge on a single website tucked away in a healthy corner of the interweb. When those longer runs are not a slog it really is a pleasure, isn't it. Being a miserable old gent, I will tell you that my grad run was an absolute pig, following my best run on w9r2. But while you are enjoying it and getting fitter, who minds a bit of a slog. We are all masochists after all.

I did warn you about Julie!

• Ha ....well said ! Yes, feel I need to be a bit cautious ,I'm almost expecting R2 or 3 to be a right swine ...hope it's not, but "Que sera,sera" as Doris once said/sang.

As for the badge....d'you think they'll let me have a pink one ?!

and on the thorny subject of the"J"'word....yep,was a tad surprised when she popped up first thing ! Didn't really have any gripes with the actual playlist though ...don't think anything could have dented my mood today :)

Hope Mrs daTruffe is doing well with her runs ?

• Yep, my lady is coming home glowing with achievement and is well on the way to addiction having started week 4.

• That's excellent Carolecal!

Sounds like you're gonna breeze through your graduation run!

Good luck! I can't wait to hear about it!

• Thankyou J, it would be nice to breeze it.... I'll just be happy as long as I don't fall over !!!

Don't worry ...as soon as I've done it I'll be shouting from the rooftops :)

• Hi Carole - WOW you're on the home straight now and just 2 runs until graduation. It was so good to hear that you had a good run today and there is no reason why this form won't continue through to graduation. Good luck with the rest of week 9 and your graduation run

• Thankyou Mazz......I'll do my best to make it a good one !

• What a great run that was. It feels great at this stage knowing you can do it, and do it comfortably. 2 more runs, and you can get that shiny silver badge.

I will be listening for that shout from the rooftops.

• Ah thanks Nerdio....I am cautiously optimistic and starting to get a little bit excited now .

I just can't believe how fast these past 9 weeks have flown by. The support from everyone here just blows me away :)

• You can feel your excitement. Good luck. Waiting for your graduation post.

• Thanks waletta....it should be tomorrow- but my back has been a bit dodgy these past few days...I can't believe I might have to postpone my grad.run ...I'll be gutted :(

• I'm sure it won't be long if you do have to postpone. Keeping your back healthy is the most important but I understand that you'd be disappointed. Good luck I hope the back doesn't make you postpone.

• Thanks waletta.I've been doing some yoga stretches and making sure I don't sit for too long.I've been walking a bit too.Will have to see how it feels in the morning!

• Wonderful to hear that you did so well:)

• Thankyou splenda.

• Heres to your next runs. You know I'm coming up behind you now, hehe, I am sure your going to do fine. Good luck

You may also like...