Being away from home and the circle of life - food, alcohol & exercise

Whilst sitting in the garden, something bit me on my foot which then swelled up a lot and lasted for a week, so no running again last week.

This week and for the next few months I will be living in a hotel in Cowley Monday to Friday until the house is sold and we can move. I hate being away from my family but at least I can run when I want. So it is early morning runs each day.

Today I aggravated my old knee injury and pulled the muscle at the back of the knee as well. So tomorrow I am going to go for a swim if it is not any better.

Thing is I get a meal allowance which includes alcohol and eating in a restaurant (well, a beefeater). So I am having a beer every night. Which means I need to run and swim to burn off the calories. I love the circle of life.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Poor you thats hard....I stay over about 2 nights a week for my job so I don't have all the driving. I hope your back and foot trouble get better, and enjoy the nice meals and swimming..

You may also like...