Post week 9

When I started the programme about 12 weeks ago the 5 min brisk walk tired me out and made my legs ache. I was unable to run for more than 20 sec in one go. I now can run for 40 mins I am not that fast but am working on this with the stamina podcast of running to the beat. I usually run every other day come rain or shine at 6am before work and love it. Why didn't I do it before it acts as a de - stressor and got rid of any aches and pains.

5 Replies

• That's the same question many of us have asked ourselves, its such a natural exercise to do. Well done you have come a long way in just 12 weeks and your journey is not about to end any time soon by the sound of things. Congratulations yet another one bitten by the running bug. :)

• I managed 57 minutes this morning so was well pleased I wonder why I didn't do this sooner rather than wait till my age. Have entered a 5k race in Sept but feel a bit anxious about this

• Thanks twigg, it's posts like yours that keep the rest of us going. Many congratulations.

• Yes keep going I never thought I could do it ran 4 and half miles this am before I went to work

• Great post. I started that way too and also still wonder why I waited so long to start running.

You may also like...