Week 8 started - much needed mood enhancer

Yesterday was frankly sh*t. First I found out that my temp post in a local school was cancelled. Then, and far far worse, I found out that the day before my sweet friend had passed away (in mid 30's , of cancer). We knew it was coming but so awful. She leaves a husband and very young kid.

Anyway I really felt I needed today's run (which is odd as I've never wanted excercise before). We took it slow and steady. I actually felt ok until the 14 min mark. And it was so freeing being able to run. Can't believe we did 28! Still only 3 1/2 k tho! Mind you, average speed today was same as run 1 last week, and over the course of last week we got slightly quicker each time.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sorry for the bad news but well done on the run. I have my first week 8 jog tomorrow...dreading it

• Really sorry to hear your bad news. I know what you mean about wanting to get out and run, my best runs have often been when I've really needed the distraction of physical exercise and a focus away from other worries onto just getting to the end of the run.

• Yup I would say sh!t just about covers it - sounds like a tough old time for you all lately.

keep up with the running - you've already seen what you can do & you know what to expect, so get through week8 and onwards into week9 and enjoy it & let it become your release for the next few days too.

• Sorry to hear your bad news. Keep strong, nice to hear your running is helping you in other ways too.

You may also like...