VITAMIN A REPAIRING AVEOLI: Why is it that we... - COPD Friends

COPD Friends
2,594 members โ€ข 929 posts

VITAMIN A REPAIRING AVEOLI

morehope
morehope
โ€ข16 Replies

Why is it that we read of success they've had with lab animals using retinoic acid (a derivative of vitamin A) in repairing alveoli and then they tell us NOT to eat carrots or drink carrot juice while they (researchers) conduct 35 more years of "research"?

16 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest
RedSox

I agree and I also feel the same way . I still take Vitamin A supplement 3 x a week and remain loyal to my carrots lol

3 likes
megshafer
megshafer
in reply to RedSox

Very good RedSox....yellow and orange foods are the foods that help lungs....Tomatoes too... Vitamin A...is Retinoid Acid...it's in all top anti-aging creams....beta carotene is a milder derivative of Vitamin A. My physician is all about the colorful veggies.

Meg๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป

2 likes
Schmicter

If I did everything "they" told me , I would starve to death.

4 likes
energy1

Why do they say not to eat carrots?

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to energy1

I want to know that too

2 likes
morehope
morehope
in reply to energy1

Because they are afraid you'll OD on Vit A. Too much can be bad.

megshafer
megshafer
in reply to morehope

Hi....I have heard of people who get water intoxication from drinking too much water, but I haven't heard any problems in over indulging in carrots, have you?

Meg๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŒพ

2 likes
MaryAnne127

People that consume too many carrots can turn orange.

huffpost.com/entry/will-car...

megshafer

Yes, MaryAnne127 I guess, I give humans much more credit for having common sense, than they have. Everything in moderation. Did you read how many carrots you would actually have to eat, it's a large amount.

1 like
morehope
morehope
in reply to morehope

Try reading carefully. I did NOT say OD on carrots! I said "OD on Vit A" VITAMIN A AS IN ARTIFICIAL SUPPLEMENTS!

1 like
Ray001
Ray001
in reply to morehope

Be nice, their just trying to help!

Hidden
Hidden

Vitamin A well I will now be taking that. They researchers need to fast track now and come up with a solution. Repairing of alveoli in animals have much further have they got with this research. Who did is doing this research?

megshafer

Retinoid acid is in many ant- aging creams. If you just Google retinoid acid and emphysema TOGETHER...you will see that they have been researching this for almost decades. I do not know who told you not to eat carrots or drink carrot juice...Orange and yellow vegetables are very lung friendly, just like sweet potatoes and pumpkin. Tomatoes are also a friendly lung food. All be validated in medical journals or ask your dietician or the one at your local medical facility.

Take care morehope.....stay well.

Meg

1 like
MaryAnne127

Just in excess was all the article said.

MaryAnne127

Right on! The more colorful and the deeper the color the healthy.

Hidden
Hidden

What if any progress has been made on this research.

You may also like...