copd

I am 72 years old. Am a widow for 2 years. Have had copd for 25 years. On oxygen 24/7 since 2010. Get short of breath easily. Have trouble getting housework done.

25 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I do upper body exercises daily

• And I'm 74

• I have tried the upper body exercise but it's hard and it effects my breathing.

• The house dust, cleaners don't help with our condition. I also have no energy and so depressed. Hanging in.. and I'm just 59

• That's all we can do is hang in there. I think the dust and the cleaners is why I have to stop cleaning and rest so much. I wear a breathing mask when i use the cleaners.

• Glad to read something from someone else my age with same symptoms. I will be 60 in October. Diagnosed this year they tried to diagnose me with copd last January 2015 but I didn't want to admit I had it. Watched my mom die from it.

• Take care of yourself so you can live longer. I am trying to do that but it's hard i know. Will pray for you.

• @tennkaren I was diagnosed in 2001, but know I had it much longer. I am 69, will be 70 in July. I have oxygen at night and during the day as needed. I too, am short of breath. If you want to know the truth, which I don't share often, I wish I could find a nice cozy place, curl up and just give up the ghost. So damn tired of not feeling well.

• Hang in there. God will help you. To be truthful I have thought about that often myself. But I have 4 wonder god children that try to keep me going.

• I completely understand.

• I am also 69, will be 70 in december, I use 3 inhalers, also nebulizer and oxygen at night, I try to be upbeat, but sometimes I am just exhausted..Hoping someone will find a cure

• COPD is miserable

• That's for sure.

• I also do what you do but it seems like I never get the work done. I am hanging in there and trusting God to help me. Thank you for response.

• Thanks for sharing , im 36 and have an 11year old. Very sad right now

• Thank you for your reply. Appreciated it very much. I haven't had it as bad as you did in the past. I trust God to take care of me. I have a couple real bad surgeries that they didn't think i was going to make it through them. But i told my husband and the doctors that God would take care of me and He did. I am taking several medications an nebulizer and inhalers.

• Thank you for responding to my post. Praying for you. Glad you found something that helped you. I think i might look into it too.

• Thank you. I would like to check it out.

• What essentials oils do you take? My only options to date are lung transplant and as I am almost 70, on oxygen 24/7 and have pulmonary hypertension, I am searching for other possible options.

• Using oils is dangerous if you are an oxygen user as they represent a fire risk.

boconline.co.uk/en/sheq/gas...

• Thank you for letting me know this. Have a blessed day. God bless.

• Thank you so much for letting me know. Obviously I didn't think that through. I certainly appreciate your response and advise. God bless!

• I'm 49 yesterday, lung damage that is equivalent to a 70 year old lungs with copy and emphysema. 20% lung function left. I'm always short of breath, I can't do much anything anymore. I had the option of both a dbl transplant or a lvrs but opted out. Too afraid of the white coats. .. I just try to drink water as much as possible, take my meds, and put my faith in God. I have family, but I feel like more of a hindrance than anything. I hope you have help. I'll keep you iny prayers. I pray for all of us struggling. So , stay strong, and hang in there. Breathe easy my friend.

• Happy late Birthday!! Hope you had a great day. Will be praying for you too. Trust in God and He will help you through it. Thank you for your response.

• I also feel like i am a hindrance to my family but they keep assuring me I am not. That is part of the depression we get in. Will pray for you too. Have a blessed day. God bless you in your needs.

You may also like...