Your help would be welcome

Your help would be welcome

Hi everyone, i have just been diagnosed with bowel cancer3 weeks ago, i have had a ct scan,and a mri scan , i am waiting now for a ultra sound scan, to see if they can operate from, entering my back passage and take it out the tumor , if they cant do this, i will need a bag, possibly temporary,i just want to find out if anyone on this site has had the operation, and did it work,and whats it like living with a colostomy bag, thanks everyone John.

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Thanks for that, i will look into it.

1 like

I have been a vegetarian for 40 years, lead a reasonably active life, and was diagnosed woth bowel cancer in November 17. Had an op to remove it and a margin then got the all clear. It had been picked up by bowel screening and now have a Stoma which will be reversed in April I hope. Doesn’t mean if you don’t eat meat you won’t get B Cancer.

I had colerectal cancer, had the operation over 3 years ago. Have the bag permenately. Took quite awhile to get used to it, but there are worse things. Small price to pay for being well once again.

2 likes

I am glad you are well again,i am just waiting now, for my next scan on tuesday.

Thank you for sharing this. What exactly is "quite a while" to get used to it? Like weeks, months or years?

I also have a permanent bag-4 years now and as you say a small price to pay to be alive

A bag is quicker than a poo! Hage to go with what u need! Impotence is another concern as to where your cancer is!

1 like

I will just have to wait to see what, the surgeons say.

Good luck Hun I didn't need a bag but as long as you get through it which I'm sure you will much love and prayers julie x

1 like

Thanks Julie for your support xx John

Thank you for joining our community! You are not alone in this. Wishing you all the best.

2 likes

Thanks Melissa for your support x

Hi, I was diagnosed with Stage 3 two years ago and had the resection. Had a stoma for a while during the chemotherapy but it was removed afterwards. As others have said , it’s a small price to pay for life. Most are temporary and once your shortened colon has settled the reversal leaves you with a good life , one you REALLY APPRECIATE.

God bless , you have ny prayers.