CLL Support Association
12,627 members19,364 posts

I just finished Cycle 6th on my Venetoclax plus Ibruvica trial. So far so good!!

Hello,

As an update I just went to the doctors and my numbers are good. WBC was 1.9. ALC 0.9 WBC was 50 when i started in January. My Nodes were very large though.

I just finished Cycle 6th on my Venetoclax plus Ibruvica trial.

I was Nuetropenic so they gave me a shot to boost my ANC and it worked. Came up from 0.8 to 7.8 in 2 days. That brought up my WBC to 9.6 .

My IGG, IGA, IGM are for the most part getting better.

IGA: 74 (normal)

IGG: 678 (low): normal range 700-1600

IGM: 17 (low): normal range 40-230

PLT improved to 155

Over all I feel OK. I had a small outer ear infection that was helped with antibiotic drops.

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Great news! I think this combo might be the best yet and lead to even better things! Hope you continue to improve!

3 likes

Thanks. Hopefully the winning combo!!

3 likes

Great news Hoffy!!!! Those numbers look 👀 great!!

Jeff

2 likes

Glad for the good news. Enjoy summer!

2 likes

Great news this may be the miracle combination. Wishing you the best.

2 likes

Great to see those sweet numbers. thanks sharing- bill

2 likes

Good to hear. I had my three month follow up with my oncologist at MD Anderson yesterday. The very first thing the doctor said when he walked in the door after I had my blood work done "Are you ready to start treatment"?. My wife and I looked at each other and I didn't know what to say. I said I wanted to wait three more months. I just need to clear my head and get mentally ready. They offered me the same trial Ibrutinib and Venetoclax. But he said if I wait too long I will miss the opportunity. So much is going through my head. It helps to hear positive stories like yours.

Best Wishes

BC

3 likes

Who is your doctor at Anderson? At my last appointment in early April they told me that I would likely start treatment in September. There were 2 trials and in one of them one had to be under 70 and I will be 70 at the end of September so they have me coming back in early September to see how I'm doing. I can tell my disease is progressing but I still feel okay. I'll know more after my next labs.

Dr. Thompson.. Is my doctor at MD. I am 48. Like you my disease is progressing but I still feel okay.

I think it's probably best to start treatment while you still feel well.. It's just hard to pull the trigger.

Wishing you the best on your journey

2 likes

Yes you are very young and I feel like you do - I hate to start treatment when I feel as well as I do. But I also don't want to wait until I'm at death's door with nothing left to fight with. I see Dr. Wierda and I really trust him and don't think he would start treatment if he didn't feel I needed it. Good luck on your journey as well.

3 likes

Thank you sir

If you need treatment and get treatment you definitely appreciated. If you don't need treatment it is a high bar to overcome .

Are you close to needing treatment? If you are not there are many times other trials . Although I think this is a pretty good one

The doctor told me it was time for treatment. I told him I wanted to wait three more months. I just need to clear my head. It's hard to make the commitment but I know I have to do it.

Hoffy what great news! Hope things stay on the right track for you. Keep on keeping on!

1 like

Sounds great!

1 like

You may also like...