Dr. O'Brien on Trial Design, CT scans... - CLL Support Assoc...

CLL Support Association
13,109 members20,505 posts

Dr. O'Brien on Trial Design, CT scans and the one and only place for FCR.

Friends,

Please check out my blog: bkoffman.blogspot.com to hear my last interview from ASCO 2014: Dr. O'Brien Discusses Improved Trial Designs, CT Scans and the role of Chemo-immunotherapy In Frontline Therapy. And if you haven't yet, and have CLL, please complete the survey at cllsociety.questionpro.com Thanks.

Brian

bkoffman.blogspot.com

11 Replies
oldestnewest

OK, so I'm Stage 0, 5 years since diagnosis, Trisomy 12 and mutated heavy chains, ZAP-70 20%, 57% CD20.

I'm 59. How young is young? What does a high CD20 look like?

=Seymour=

You are young. Under 65 is young in CLL. Co-morbidities are more important that actual age.

Hi Brian,

I'm wondering which co-morbidities are the most relevant to which treatments? I am 66 and thought I was healthy for my age, but have recently been told that my kidneys are "aging" (glomerular filtration rate 55). My doctor said I could still have FCR but with possibly reduced doses of Fludaribine. Are the newer treatments easier on the kidneys?

Paula

P.S. Thanks so much for the video. Very helpful - she has a very clear way of expressing things.

You are young. Under 65 is young in CLL. Co-morbidities are more important that actual age.

What are the co-morbidities a clinician is most concerned in avoiding for FCR?

=seymour=

CIRS score or Cumulative Illness Rating scale is what is generally used. Lots of accessible references on the web that go into detail.

I was 52 when Dx:

Thanks Brian, good to hear that she's with us over the CT scans!!

You may have missed this regarding the ASH Choosing Wisely program in CLL scanning...

healthunlocked.com/cllsuppo...’s-2014-choosing-wisely

Brian, thank you for posting this. One of the most educational and understandable posts I have read. Not only did I understand this one, I gleaned valuable info. I have no association with Dr. O'Brian but one of my friends was her patient before she left MDA. , and she was impressive according to him. I also love to read Dr. Sharman's blogs as they cut to the chase.

Thanks. I try to unpack and decode what the docs say on my blog, but some of the researchers do all the hard work for me.

You may also like...