Quick question post transplant

Quick question post transplant

Just a quick question . I had my transplant 5 weeks ago. All going well. However last couple of weeks I keep getting hot flushes one minute I'm really hot next I'm cold. I wondered if this was a side effect of the drugs I'm on or my age . I'm 52. I have been very unwell prior to transplant and woundered if now my body's recovering my hormones are kicking in. Thanks for any advice.

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Added a photo didn't realise it would be so big lol

• Hi gaynor firstly looking well. I too was hot and cold at first part and parcel of a working liver as it is like our inbuilt thermostat and obviously pre transplant if you was anything like me I was freezing all the time. But do mention it to your consultant at next appointment just to be on safe side as I did end up with cmv but I had other symptoms as well xx yours does just sound like liver settling though but obviously I not qualified xxx

• Same as the last response. Mention at your next appointment. Have to say you look very well. xx

• Thanks x

• Hello, you look great after 5 weeks. Let me tell you, I was still in hospital after 5 weeks of my transplant. Your body has gone through such a huge surgery. You will go through a lot of changes and you may have some side effects which will take time to clear. I was the same with the temperature. Some days I'd be hot and some days I'd be cold. Give your body time to adjust and when you do go to clinic, mention it to your consultant for peace of mind.

Good luck. You look so great!

• AThanks xx

• Guess it could be anything but see GP if in doubt

• I had the same thing for a few months after my first TX.

My consultant said it's normal in woman, especially those of us that are around the menopause age. It must affect our hormones.

My bed would be drenched! But it stopped after a couple of months.

Tempeture is often really effected with liver despise..but after a hot. Flash you would feel freezing..big fast change in the body. Plus your body will try and cool itself down when you've had a big spike in your body temp.

Xxx

Kimberly

• Thanks Kimberly for ur reply. I am also drenched at night nice to know it should get better x

You may also like...