Listed at Last

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that Terry was put on the transplant list on Monday 6th June (D-DAY). We obviously understand that it could be a long wait but it's given us a bit of hope. Terry is blood group B which is not common so that's another obstacle but we are staying focused. Just have to try & keep him as fit & healthy as possible now. That's easier said than done !

Love to all.xx

18 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • That is such good news to give you renewed hope.πŸ˜€. Group B isn't rare, just not as common as A or O, the red cross site has some great info on blood groups. Please try not to get too hung up on blood groups.

Is he on the priority list? I seem to remember that he has been in hospital a few times.

This is a difficult time for you all I know, having to play the waiting game. Is he able to exercise at all? Whilst I was waiting, I bought a reclined exersise bike which I used every day, no matter how poorly I felt. I'm sure that, that and the ensure protein drinks I was having helped enormously with my recovery post transplant.

Stay strong, we're always here for you on this page.

Mike XX

• Aw thanks Mike. The co-ordinator did say that B livers are quite rare but also that less recipients waiting so evens out. Also, if he got considerably worse they could use an O liver.

He's not priority but after taking bloods Monday they did ring Tuesday to say he's moved up to Regional listing.

The really annoying bit is that since Monday I have been getting shed loads of telesales calls ((even though have TPS) but I need to answer every call from now on.

Thanks. Mal.xx

• That's fantastic news. Wishing you lots of luck. Xx

• many many thanx.xx

• Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!! ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

SO PLEASED!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Fantastic news h0b0 😘😘😘😘

The very best of luck to you both πŸ’™

Don't forget to look after yourself too! πŸ€

• Will do my best. Thanks for your kindness.xx

• Great news! Hope a suitable liver comes up soon! x

• Thank you sooo much. xx

• Fantastic news, best wishes x

• thank you.xx

• Good luck to you and your oh :-) I was told that sometimes a rarer blood type is a benefit as the waiting list is shorter. I was an A which isn't as rare but only waited 4 weeks. It's just so unpredictable but hopefully the right one will be offered soon. Xx

• Let's hope so xx

• BIG hug from MΓ©xico, it will be alright!!!

• Thank you.xx

• Don't want to give you false hope but waiting can be within a short time. So be prepared from now on. Have your hospital bag ready. I had twenty minutes to get all my stuff ready as the phone call came at 8am two weeks after being listed. The ambulance was already outside waiting. So be prepared !

• Not false hope but hope ! Thank you so much. We've been "READY" for months..xx

• Thats good to hear. Although I dont think you ever know how you'll feel until when you actually get the call. Mine was disbelief, fear and anxiety all mixed up with relief and a hint of the excitement of starting a new journey into the unknown. I enjoyed the blue lights and sirens of the ambulance pushing the busy morning London traffic out of the way ! Jim

• Thanks . That's very reassuring.xx

You may also like...