Love this running thing: The last two weeks... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K

14,050 members18,971 posts

Love this running thing

kwell39
kwell39Graduate10

The last two weeks have been incredibly busy. I haven’t been able to get online much but have gotten my runs in. I’m still here!

I have found myself battling a cold the last week and it doesn’t quite want to let up yet. No fever so off I go in the mornings on my weekly runs. Last week I completed my 8K. Loved every minute of it. I think I could go slower but did have energy at the end. Today I will tackle the 9K and almost get to that Magic 10K number.

I did a Turkey Trot 5K race here local on Thursday and got my best time yet, 31:17. Still a bit to go before I’m under that elusive 30 minute mark but it will come in time.

I also did the craziest thing and signed up for a marathon - October 27, 2019. Entry fees were more than half off for the first 300 people to sign up so I said ‘Why not’?! It’s almost a year away and if for some reason I can’t make it, I donated to a good cause. I feel good things for 2019!

Happy running friends!!

17 Replies
Katnap
KatnapGraduate10

Wow! Marathon! Good luck with your training 😸

kwell39
kwell39Graduate10 in reply to Katnap

Thanks Kat! I hope I’m not being too ambitious. 😱

cheekychipmunks
cheekychipmunksGraduate10

Look at you go kwell! Sub 30 5k within reach, 10k very close, marathon entered! Wowser, someone’s enjoying their running! 😅👍👊😀

I think you’re doing an incredible job! Mahoosive well done to you! 👏👏👏

kwell39
kwell39Graduate10 in reply to cheekychipmunks

Thanks Cheeky! It’s you and others on this forum who’ve inspired me. I will never be a speed demon but am enjoying my slow jog. 🐢

Dexy5
Dexy5Graduate10

Well Done kwell39, you are going to smash the 9k and I wouldn’t be surprised if you posted that you had accidentally run 10k. You are doing brilliantly.

Happy Thanksgiving to you

🏃‍♀️🦃🍷

kwell39
kwell39Graduate10 in reply to Dexy5

😂 Yes, that could happen with the 10K. Happy Thanksgiving Dexy and thank you!

Hidden
Hidden

Kwell, It’s official... you are amazing! 🙌🤩 Great job getting out for your runs! & getting a fab time in the Turkey Trot 💪

... & a marathon! That’s an awesome goel to work to! I can’t wait to follow your journey & see you smash it! 🤩🙌💪👌

kwell39
kwell39Graduate10 in reply to Hidden

Thanks so much Dreams! This forum and all of the amazing people on it help fuel my passion for running. It’s great, isn’t it? ♥️

Hidden
Hidden in reply to kwell39

Yes, I totally agree! It’s a great place!...Happy happy running! ❤️🙌

Snuffy_T
Snuffy_TGraduate10

Kudos for the marathon 🙌 you will smash it !

kwell39
kwell39Graduate10 in reply to Snuffy_T

Thanks Snuffy! I hope I can at least finish. Since I have almost a year, I think it’s do-able.

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Graduate10

Lovin this..... superb, and with a marathon to train for you are on fire.... so excited for you 💥🕺🏽

kwell39
kwell39Graduate10 in reply to ju-ju-

Thanks Ju-Ju for all your inspiration! I would never have had the courage without you and others on this forum! 😊

Hidden
Hidden

Whenever my kids watch the incredibles it makes me think of you now kwell 🤣

My gosh, you’re living up to that Mrs incredible profile pic aren’t ya, huh?!

😁⚡️⚡️

kwell39

😂😂 Thanks Thunder. Some days I still have trouble tying my trainers.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to kwell39

...Yes kwell, I’m sure there probably are some downsides to being Elastigirl too 😄

kwell39

I do have a bit more spring in my step than most. 🤭

You may also like...