Faced the cliffs 😬 and feeling great! 🤩❤️ - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
9,005 members • 10,716 posts

Faced the cliffs 😬 and feeling great! 🤩❤️

Hey Runners

I’m back from a great run! I arrived in Guernsey on Tuesday and noticed from my hotel room 2/3 people in running gear heading down what I thought must be a path at the back of the hotel and disappearing. So I think, “bingo, a run route”! 🤓 So, with my next run to do while I’m here (today), I decide to walk out and explore! Weeeelll....(and that’s not a spelling mistake!) as I get to the steps of the Bermuda Triangle, I suddenly feel quite queezy! It’s cliff side and although there is plenty of side, I double back very quickly! 😮 I am not great with the combination of heights and open spaces. I decide I’ll stick to the road I’ve run down on a previous trip.

Talking to the taxi driver on the way home about where else I might run, he only says by the cliff? 🤭 Errrr....no! He’s lovely and calls me a “wuss”! He simply doesn’t understand the fear factor. He’s pointing out where I could run (not down the precipice) and come out on the same road to run back. 🤨 Ears mainly closed after what I’ve seen, I confirm I’m not doing it. 🤓

But, this morning, I have a change of heart. I wait until it’s light enough and tell myself if it’s as bad as the Bermuda Triangle, I’ll just turn back. 6:50, I get my kit on and I’m off! It’s time to face that fear. He was right 😂, it was ok and enough distance from the edge to feel safe. I ran on some lovely trails too. So my planned 2.5k recovery run was 3k in 26 minutes, as I enjoyed it so much. I’ve noticed it’s quite hard to run slow sometimes and that’s the intention, so I use headspace runs for that.

I also fully enjoyed the fact that I was dripping rather unattractively, but oh so satisfyingly when I got back. 💦 💧So, a nice shower 🚿 and I’m raring to go today and feeling achieved now!! 💪🏽 The Bermuda Triangle is still a no go zone for me though! 😬

Oh yeah..... 💡 got to go and stretch!

Happy running Runners!! ❤️

28 Replies
oldest • newest

Nice photo! Glad you got a great run in there! I love that 3k feels like a short run these days 🤣👍

1 like

I know Equi! 3k as a recovery run. It’s totally amazing! 😁❤️

1 like

One day soon I'll be doing that too! 😄

1 like

Yes of course you will and more!! 😉❤️

Yes isn't that the weirdest thing? Feels amazing to go zooming past previous landmarks that used to be goals and now they're at the beginning of a run 😁

1 like

Running on holiday is great isn't it! You get to see things you'd normally miss :)

2 likes

Sure is!! New places to run has been a big part of my new found love!! 😁❤️

Great enjoy the rest of your day. 😀. Headspace runs?

1 like

They’re guided runs on Nike+! A kind of running meditation. Love them. 😍❤️

1 like

Wow! You are my hero! Well done for facing your fears. The reward was a life-affirming run by the sound of it. I love your joy of running. I could learn a lot from you I think!

I tried my first Headspace run yesterday and really enjoyed it. Do you get the from the Nike Run + app?

Sadie xxx

1 like

Thanks Sadie!! 😍😍! Yes I do the ones on Nike+ App! I feel it offers me a variety of options and I can pick the runs to suit how I feel in the day. I’ve even done the “Dont Wanna Run”! run. 😂 It works well for me! Glad you enjoyed it too! ❤️

You crease me up Fab. You couldn't write a boring run report to safe your life.

(I'm stuck on the IC, so you cheering me up is great!!)

❤👣❤👣❤👣❤👣

1 like

Aaah thanks OF!! I didn’t know you were on the IC! Hope you’re recovering well and will be back out there soon! Big hugs! 🤗 ❤️

1 like

Cliff edges not my thing either...but you did it, the things we do just to run 🙃! Enjoy 😎

1 like

Exactly!! Thank you! 😍❤️

1 like

How big is this Cliff fella?

Good run... another amusing report... must run with you one day, I get too many uneventful runs.

1 like

Oh they’re eventful alright! But that’s why it’s so much fun too! 😁❤️

P.S. Cliff is far too big for my liking! 🤣❤️

Lovely picture Fabulous, and as always a great post. You make me want to return to Guernsey to run . Go girl 🏃‍♀️👏🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

1 like

Thanks Dexy!! 🤗 It’s all beautiful, waiting here for you, that’s for sure. 😉❤️

1 like

Running on a cliff edge in beautiful Guernsey sounds brilliant 😍 well done for getting the better of your fear xxx

1 like

Thanks Bridget! It's another first and I feel quite proud of myself for doing it. ❤️

1 like

I'm so glad you tackled your fear, that looks gorgeous! What a great way to start the day 💪👏

1 like

Thank you so much! All the way through this journey its been about feeling uncertain, but going for it anyway. So, I figured why not just see how it goes and it's still working out just fine in the end! 😁❤️

1 like

Great to overcome a fear. Well done on your run. Aren't hot showers just the best!

1 like

It sure is Baddie! I can very easily recall, I used to fear running full stop, but I've had so many great experiences, because I've just said "blow it", "let's just see what happens"! 😁❤️

1 like

Well done Fab .. it's a great buzz when you do manage to do something out of your comfort zone

1 like

Thanks Richard! It really is. Especially when you’ve actually seen it before you do it. 😯❤️

1 like

You may also like...