Bridge to 10K
5,407 members5,942 posts

Week 7 of the 10 is the Magic Number 10k plan 👊🏼

Week 7 of the 10 is the Magic Number 10k plan 👊🏼

Welcome to week 7 of the 10 is the Magic Number plan.

How are you all doing? I did my workout in my garden gym this morning which was really lovely...

So the plan this week is for a:

Feel free to join at any time whatever stage you are on

This week I talk about bad runs..... we all get them!!!!

Members:

Dindy

ClarriePan

Sadie-runs

Suzykk

Pippy60

Biguft

Bluebirdrunner

AineMc

ToniCR

Nictwit

Uphill-downhill

Catbee

Whizziewood

Linda9389

Jilldrum

Enyala

Tasha99

5lmc

Slinkymalinki

Late-Starter

Mergirl101

Anniesrunning

Runlikeasnail

Moogy

wantie

Poly-Princess

loudrury

dahogg

Mcdon

Lizzienzeb

Max20

Tasha99

Unfitwestie

Frosty50

garym

wifey259

Nicthestick

Teachderm

Avagbel

sumb7170

Richroux

FairyTales

Beckygreeny

pinchie01

Hepworth6

Veggiegirl1906

Norther_lass_68

cathysykes

Biggydoug

Sheffieldgirl

PashleyPedaller

Spottydotty

Spinno

Fairytales

SW16

Mergirl101

Denbo64

APScotland

Mand102

Heartlesstroll

Guesty26

23 Replies
oldestnewest

Guesty26 you are now on the list :) 👆🏽

Ps that was meant to be pointy finger up not middle finger... oops ;)

1 like

Yeah right you cheeky Minx, have a great weekend

1 like

you too ;)

1 like

Hi Ju-ju

Thanks for letting me join I’ve done the first 4K this afternoon was a bit hot tho

1 like

Boom well done 👍🏻

Well, I am a super late starter and way behind you all! Run 3 of week 1 for me tomorrow (cough permitting). I am just so happy my mindset changed and am just DOING IT! Happy running to all. 😁

1 like

Brilliant, well done....how was it?

1 like

Thanks! It was lush. Looking forward to slooooowly increasing the distance though, to see what these wee legs of mine can do. 🏃‍♀️

I signed up at the beginning, but then decided that I wasn't really ready to move onto that level, so I carried on doing 30 min runs for another few weeks, so I am a bit behind. Just completed week 3 and so far so good! Thanks for the program, seems to be working.

1 like

Good call, and well done you have a good base to start from.... 👊🏼

Really not doing well this week... every one of my runs has involved some walking which has never happened before (other than the required walks in the C25k).

I can’t work out why I’m feeling the need to walk. It first happened during my 4K & I thought it was just because I’d gone out too hard but then again with my 5 and my 9 and I deliberately took it easy so as not to tire too quickly. 😞 I’m sure it’s psychological as I got to 6k during my 9 without stopping but then only after 2k during my 5.

I haven’t changed anything so am at a loss really. Will try again this week...

1 like

Personally I don’t have an issue with walk breaks - I do them a lot myself however a few things to consider....

Rest days to give your tired body a rest

On the longer runs it’s really important to pace it out and try and go slower

If I tire quickly if often means I’m coming down with something

Pat on the back you did it, feel good about that 👊🏼

1 like

Thanks ju-ju- and I’m sorry I seem to always be moaning!

Done my 4K tonight without stopping - it was bloody hard but I know it’s all in my head.

I guess I just want to get to 10k having run all of it so I know I can do it and then I won’t be so bothered about the odd walk break.

It’s a new week though so feeling positive 😁✊️ and will try an extra day’s rest before my 9k this week 🤞

Set off on my week 7 9k this morning. A couple of minutes in I began to wonder if I could do 10k today instead of waiting a week. It soon became clear that wasn't happening ... then it became clear I was miscalculating my timings (I'm still running on a mph treadmill so I have lots of calculations to do!) and was actually 10 minutes further on than I had thought ... so the temptation was back ... and ... yes ... I made it thru to my 10k time! It took me quite a while to recover though - it's so warm with the sun on the treadmill side of the house first thing and no breeze thru the windows. But I did it! I can hardly believe it. Great plan @ju-ju I hate the run walk approach now I've settled into longer runs, so this has been absolutely perfect. I'll finish week 7 and then do week 8 to make sure this wasn't a fluke. But, as they say, the pressure is off! Good luck to everyone wherever you are up to right now and many thanks ju-ju- :)

1 like

Woo hoo well done..... I bet that felt good? Rest up and celebrate , and enjoy the rest of the runs 💥

1 like

Hi did my second run today I thought I’d go and do the 9k run because I’ve got more time on a Sunday.

I was a bit panicky because I’ve never run that far before the weather wasn’t great a bit damp and muggy. Great for running but I live on the edge of Kielder forest so when it’s like this the dreaded Midges appear and they love me 😂

Never mind did and cracked it 🎉🎉🎉 I did it in 1hr.10mins.36 I don’t know if that’s too fast or too slow I do have a problem at trying to slow my pace.

But still I’m well chuffed at doing it

1 like

That’s fantastic, well done ruckinfight ( I have to be careful how I spell this!!).... and midges and humidity are yuck. Well done for fighting on through and your time is fab 👊🏼

Took a screen shot of this , on wk 9 of C25K but will be useful after consolidation. Thanks so much x

Great, I hope you find it useful as you move forward with your running :)

I feel I'm getting there slowly. We were away last week so I only managed one 6k last week but I've been out today for 4k. Im planning to go out Wednesday and see if I can do the 9k!

1 like

Well done you.... how did you get on?

worst run ever- far too hot and gave up half way round! Park run tomorrow and then I'll get back on it next week!

You may also like...