Bridge to 10K
5,785 members6,466 posts

5k just under 40minsYippee !

5k just under 40minsYippee !

Well I thought about running outside this morning. However I ran on the tread instead just as well as I probably would have got soaked ...... chicken I hear you all say ! well I’ll let you have that one hee!.

The best bit is though I actually managed to run just over 5k in under 40 mins. I realise that it was just slightly under but I’m very happy with that and guess what all managed without searing ankle pain so that in its self is a added bonus for me!😀😀

I also received a badge from my garmin for running 5k. They seem to give badges for everything now.

So sadly folks no log about the birds ,sheep cows etc as I was indoors. But windows open and there was plenty of rain to see and it was pretty dark.Oh I do love a drama hee! hee!

Anyhoo have a great bank holiday all. I will as I’m going to do some retail therapy tomorrow and try some new running shoes on. I rather fancy something a bit more up market!

See ya!😀😀

36 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done, great time!

1 like

Thank you so much Vangus!😀😀

Well done!

1 like

Many thanks Tasha99😀😀

Congrats! Such a great barrier to break through 😀

1 like

Many thanks Nictwit. I have to say it was a very hot and sweaty barrier too!😀😀

1 like

Very well done.🌟👏👏

Right now I would love that time.

I am hoping Laura’s speed is going to work wonders.🤔

1 like

Many thanks Tbae!

If I can do it then I have no doubt that you’ll do it too. And as I’m 60 I am sure you’ll get there with a faster time. I don’t think I can get my 5k any faster. However I’m quite happy with that.😀😀

Happy running Tbae! 😀😀

My money is on you.🌟👏👏

Thanks, I get my free TV licence in a couple of months, so you are young.👍

I am on borrowed time🙈😂😂.

But enjoying it. Best thing ever.

Take care of you and keep progressing from your IC.🤔🌟👏👏

Your doing great.👍

1 like

Your very kind Tbae! So pleased to hear your enjoying running. I must say it’s a real blast isn’t it. It gives you a feel good factor.

And like you I’m enjoying it all the time.

Take care Tbae and.......

Happy running🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️😀😀

Thank you Peggy.

Yes your right, just love it.🌟

Only one regret that you and I know of.

Give anything if that were reversed.

Perception is reality,unintentionally hurtful of me.

You take care ,

Run because we can.🌟👏👏

1 like

Absolutely Tbae! Run because we can! For as long as we can!🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️😀😀x

1 like

Very well done and definitely not a chicken. To be able to stay on a treadmill for 40minutes takes some doing

1 like

Thanks Notsobigdoug! I must admit I was knackered when I finished aswell as hot and sweaty! However I felt great as there was no ankle pain hurrah!

Happy running😀😀

I am in awe, I don’t have the patience to run for 5km on the mill of dread. You did really well. 👍🏽👏🏽

1 like

Thanks so much Raz! I watch a runner from Norway on my iPad. She runs various routes and their all flat, but I never catch her up or overtake her hee! With my music which has great fast tracks and the Nordic runner the time goes quite fast. However I couldn’t run on the tread all of the time.

Happy running 😀😀

1 like

Well done Maggie ( not least for managing to stay on the boring treadmill for 40 minutes!). Ive got dozens of those silly garmin badges now: managed to crawl out of bed badge; went to the loo badge; made a cuppa badge; fell over the dog badge ...

1 like

Thanks Flick!i must say it was rather sticky and hot! I have music and also watch on my iPad a runner from Norway running various routes I think I’ve mentioned it in the past. It’s called treadmiller.com.

Looking forward to running outside either Tuesday or Friday and hopefully keeping to that time. I doubt I will get a faster time. However I will try to go further.However I’ll try to steer clear of the hills etc.

I wonder if there is badges for being sweaty,knackered,etc hee! hee!

Hope your well Flick!

Happy running!😀😀🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

1 like

Hi Maggie, if so then Ive earned the sweaty knackered badge! Im good, had my run yesterday in the muggy heat xx

1 like

Ha! Ha! 🤣🤣x

1 like

Well done Maggie. 40 minutes on a treadmill is some going 💪🏼

Many thanks ClareO65! I was tired when I finished I must admit!😀😀

Fantastic, well done you, and so glad the ankle held out too....

1 like

Thanks ju ju! Yes all good now.

Hopefully soon I’ll back into a repeat of the 10k training.

Hope your well ju ju? 😀😀

1 like

Well done on your sub 40 xx I just Can't run on a treadmill . I'm rubbish . I went out at 630 this morning and smashed my 5k x and strava also give you badges for everything too. I particularly like the 2nd best badge when I've onky done something twice lol. Enjoy your bank holiday x

1 like

Many thanks Nwrkpak! I maybe there should be a badge for old knackered sweaty bird hee! hee!

Happy bank holiday too!x

1 like

Yup there should!! I’d get it every time I run!

And the Red face for Rest of the day badge?

1 like

Absolutely! I love it hee!😡😀!

Brilliant! Well done to you 👍

1 like

Many thanks Kim! 😀😀

Yeah - well done Peggy! Can you please send some of your rain our way? The sun is lovely but the grass is going dry and crispy - which is very rare up here in NE Scotland!!! x

1 like

Many thanks APScotland! Rain on its way I’ve requested it personally ,can’t have you guys up there in bonnie Scotland missing out now can we! 😀😀☔️☔️. Could you send some sunshine down also please.

Being an northern lass myself (Geordie from Newcastle and some Scots in me blood too grandfather was Scots ) I’m feeling right at home with this weather but crave for a wee bit of sunshine! hee! hee!

Happy running😀😀

1 like

Thank you! There's now a hint of rain in the forecast tomorrow / Thursday ... hopefully it will arrive! I'm actually a Geordie too - from South Shields, though I've been in Bonnie Scotland for over 30 years now :) Will happily send you some sunshine in return for the rain ... the soil is starting to crack here - eek! Not ideal - we grow organic veggies for a living, and there are wee brassicas being planted as I write!! :)

So I am from a mining village Seaton Burn. Of course the mines are all closed now. I also lived in Hazelrigg as soon as I was born in Newcastle I was taken to Hazelrigg,then to Seaton Burn.

Good luck with your veggies. According to the weather we’re still keeping the rain boo!hoo! Hope you get some too.😀😀

Mines all closed near home too! Forecast now suggesting Friday might bring a bit of rain - 35 to 45% chance, which is higher than they said yesterday ... fingers crossed! x

1 like

Yes fingers defiantly crossed😀😀

1 like

You may also like...