Bridge to 10K
4,818 members5,402 posts

Just completed my first 10K!!! Over the moon and advice needed please!!

Well in July last year I was at Couch stage. After graduating C25K last year and feeling awesome and that 5k was enough, somehow I ended up following to 10K plan and did my first 10K on Sunday! I still can’t believe it myself! 🤗. So I have asked for my 10K badge, but some advice as to what to do now would be appreciated please from you experienced 10kers! I have signed up for the Westminster 10K in July with some friends. For the next few weeks should I just aim to do one 10K a week with a couple of shorter recovery runs? I’m kind of lost as to what I should do now! (I remember being like this after graduating from C25K)! 🤔. Thank you!

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Your plan sounds fine to me TdkMum, if you can manage running a 10k per week without overtiring. There are others who know better than me if this is sensible misswobble

1 like

The tagging function doesnt seem to work for me, Ju ju, anniemurph, Sandra, lannodatruffe all will know if this is a good, sensible plan.

1 like

I don’t do a 10k often in my half marathon training so don't be in a hurry to keep doing more of them 🙂

I would be more likely to do 5k or 8k so that if a 10k race arises you are fit for it.

Just go steady and build up your running legs carefully 🙂🏃‍♀️

2 likes

Thank you for that misswobble. Those distances sound far more appealing! 😍

1 like

No expert. Just wanted to say Well Done!

2 likes

You may also like...