First run with new shoes

....went well! They felt strange/different and at one point I thought the left one was too tight, but it felt easier as I went on. I had to stop after 300m though as a shoelace came undone! That never happened with my Brooks! I double knotted them to be sure.

I did the same run as on Thursday, 4.3k, and knocked a few seconds off Thursday's time even though I took 4 short walks today. Best thing though, my blister/callus site didn't hurt at all! ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm hoping that now it will heal over.

Things are looking good! ๐Ÿ˜„

11 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Seems weird with new shoes at first but youโ€™ll get used to them and great news with no blister pain!!

• Are you following a programme Joy57 ??

• Not at the moment, I got to 10k and am just running for fun and fitness now, still using Sami Murphy podcasts as I like the music.

• That's great news that your new shoes are living up to expectation. I have a run tomorrow in new shoes, slightly apprehensive as my last new shoes have caused ankle issues over the three weeks I had them. I am hoping for a good run like yours today!

• Sounds good ๐Ÿ˜Š

• New shoes? What are they? Where's the photo?? :D

Glad they seem to be working out for you!

• See my earlier post Annie!

• That's good news about the blister Joy. Happy running days in your new shoes ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ

• Thanks IP. Fingers and toes crossed ๐Ÿ˜„

• New shoes can support you very differently to your old ones and in the past people have complained about niggles with new shoes. I always rotate my shoes but you could alternate old and new shoes for a while to ease any transition from one to another.

• Yes that's a good idea. I'll still get the blister/callus forming with the old ones but hey ho, I've had that for the last few months anyway!

You may also like...