First 10k race ticked off!

First 10k race ticked off!

Really just wanted to share my pride at having completed my first 10k race, along the canal-side in Aylesbury a couple of weekends ago. To think this time last year I was just about able to plod a 5k, I'm so happy with my running journey so far. It's had its ups and downs but overall I love feeling fitter and healthier and the running community is so friendly and encouraging. x

9 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • A big well done to you and many congratulations. I hope there was bling ๐Ÿ™‚ Here's to many more races in the future.

Lovely photo too.

• Congratulations! Well done! You look very relaxed there ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ…

Keep up the good work. Just always go steady and enjoy yourself

• congratulations on your 10k! - posts like this are inspiring to us who are at the front end of the 10k training! Happy running!

• Congratulations, you are looking very relaxed in that photo. Did you get a nice medal? It is amazing how the elusive 5k progresses to longer distances, I have seen similar progress in a year too. What do you plan next?

• Well done and a great photo! ๐Ÿ™‚

• You should be very proud! What a wonderful picture and reminder of your awesome achievement. Congratulations๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ…. Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

• Thank you all! Yes, the bling was gorgeous - going to be hard to beat, I reckon! In terms of what's up next, I'm gradually looking to increase my mileage and would like to tackle a half next year, maybe in the Spring! x

• Well done, and what a fab photo! Was there bling? Have you hung it proudly on your wall? Have you entered your next race? :D

• Congratulations on your achievement - you look great, lovely photo ๐Ÿ˜Š

You may also like...