What would your mile time be?

We've just signed up for the Westminster Mile for the first time. You have to estimate your times for the race so you start with people of similar speed. I haven't run 'just' a mile since the C25K and really struggle to estimate..... We've opted for 10 minutes approx. based on a 5k time of 33 minutes.

What would your guesstimate times be? Anyone completed the Westminster mile before? Were you faster or slower than you thought you'd be? πŸ˜€

12 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Whatever you do don't make the same mistake I did last year, I put my km time down by mistake. I had to kindly ask if they could change my start time whoops! If you use a garmin you can just swap it over for a bit on garmin connect and it will tell you your mile time.

• Haha! I've always thought in kilometers for running, it's more impressive πŸ˜‚

• 10 minutes sounds about right to me.

• 9 minutes 48 seconds. ;)

ukresults.net/misc/predicto...

• This is so useful! Thank you πŸ˜€

• Oh, this will be great! I did the City of London mile a few years back and had to do the same thing - estimate my time. I didn't have a clue, but went and ran a mile and then used that as my time. I came in faster on the day, but it gave me a start point at least.

Hmmm... might sign up for this one now, thank you!

• Let me know if you do - We can have a bridge to 10k/c25k meet up πŸ˜€

• I've been looking into accommodation. Hotels are expensive on that Saturday night :( I'll keep looking though.

• Not done the Westminster Mile but my best mile time s 9:13

• Using Dunder2004 's calculator that would give you around a 31 minute 5k - that sounds like a great time!

• What a useful chart, I would be about 10 minutes as well I think, thanks Dunder2004

• There are a few of these calculators around, Sue.

The one I have attached gives my projected HM time of 2:00:04. Don't like it!

You may also like...