Embarrassing photo alert ... (Port Sunlight 5/10k)

BTR (born to run) are one of the big organisers of running events in the North-West.

They've just tweeted this ahead of tomorrow's Port Sunlight 5/10k event:

- that's yours truly at the front in my "Coach John" outfit - the light blue zip top - and whistle! :-)

and here's an article about how our own C25K lunch club is taking part:

If you've not heard of or been to Port Sunlight (on the Wirral peninsula), it's where Lord Leverhulme started Lever Brothers - building his soap-making factory and then the now-historic village for it's workers, similar to Bourneville for the Cadbury ones.

It's a cracking place to run around:

See you on the other side :-)

13 Replies

• Which are you doing John, 5 or 10?

• The 10k Simon. I *should* be sub 47...

• Fab picture John - what a big team of you! And ah, the Liverpool Echo! I was a student in Liverpool (many many years ago). Love Liverpool! Good luck to you all!

• Thanks Sandra - nice to hear you know our great part of the world well :-)

That picture was taken outside Lever House on a bitterly cold day in early February - everyone just wanted to get on with the run. It's the 2nd group we've done the C25k with and they've all done really well. It's great being able to help them along.

Anyway, I need my beauty sleep..  ;-)

• Great article and photo, sounds like it'll be a lovely day!good luck John!😊😆

• Thank you :-)

• Good luck...I was at Chester...University of Liverpool then , now University of Chester.... and did a teaching practice on the Wirral..yeay!

Go youx

• That's nice to hear - hope it/we treated you well :-)

And thank you!

• Kool

• Hi John, I too am running in the Port Sunlight 10km this morning. Good luck! 

I will be the one at the back!

Happy running 👟 

• Hi Net,

Good luck! Weather looks decent :-)

• Hope its gone well, good photo John ! :-) xxx

• Hope the run went well John_W

My 1st wives family were from rock ferry , often went past port sunlight 😊

You may also like...