Colon Cancer

I had right Hemicoloscopy surgery on May 17, 2016. I had laposcopic surgery and came home after 3 days. I had a lot Diarrhea and lost 10 lbs in less than two weeks. I am slowly introducing fibre into my diet and except for the odd but of diarrhea, I am pretty well back to normal. I had some problem with me incision leaking and it still leaks very miniscule. I had breast cancer 3 years ago and just passed my second year free of cancer. I hope to remain positive and enjoy life.

4 Replies

• Hello, i too had a right hemicolectomy on 1/6/2016. I am pleased you are pretty well back to normal. Like you I had a leaking wound which felt like it just kept going. Finally it healed. I have just started chemotherapy for 30 weeks. 1 down 29 to go. I hope you continue to enjoy life.

• I am glad it is working for you I can not have surgery for the colon cancer because of the condition of my lungs as I have severe copd and surgeon said my lungs would not cope so I have to struggle along and hope for a miracle I am into the carrot luice very heavly try anything they said I could not even have chemo so heres hoping

• My heart goes out to you. Keep hoping and praying. Miracles do happen.

• Olive, you sound wonderful. It was an inspiration to me just reading what you wrote. THANK YOU.

You may also like...