Just bought K2 ..50ug to take with prescription D3

This was the strength of K2 sold at the health shop.. I take The prescribed D3 two x 1500/400iu each day. Does this seem the right dose of K2 as this is the only strength they had..I am taking them at the same time after lunch.. I will be having a further blood test in a couple of days to see if the 50 Levo prescription needs to be increased.

As already posted on here at the moment I am not taking the AA prescribed

HAther

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • The dosage of the K2 seems to be calculated to accommodate your D3 dose.

The dosing recommendations vary but Kate Rheaume-Bleue (author of Vitamin K2 and The Calcium Paradox) mentions 100mcg of Vitamin K2 for every 1000IU of vitamin D.

There are various videos and podcasts in which Kate Rheaume-Bleue discusses dosages and she mentions some figures in her FAQ: doctorkatend.com/faq/

You are taking 800iu of vitamin D3 per day so that would be 80mcg (1 mcg = 1ug) but Rheaume-Bleue's minimum recommendation is for 180mcg for people without osteoporosis and up to 360mcg for people who are loading with vitamin D.

As a point of comparison, Thorne (who produce well-regarded K2 products) produce a vitamin D/K2 liquid for which the specification is that 10 drops contain 5,000 IU vitamin D3 and 1 mg (i.e. 1000mcg) vitamin K2

You may also like...