Our community is a place for people affected by heart disease to find support and information.
The BHF team is here to support you and answer your questions, but please remember that any specific health questions should be taken to your doctor or specialist. If you have an urgent health issue call 999 or NHS direct on 111. If you'd like to have a chat with a cardiac nurse or heart health adviser please call our Heart Helpline on 0300 330 3311, open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
When using the community, please do not:
- Post material that is indecent, racist or defamatory, harassing, threatening or abusive towards another community member. Please be aware that any user that posts anything of this nature may have their account restricted and will be unable to post on the community.
- Recommend any extreme lifestyle changes to other community members
- Recommend that anyone stops taking medication without talking to a healthcare professional first, or give healthcare advice. (We have a duty of care to all our members, and every individual should work with a healthcare professional according to their personal case history. If Admins see anyone persistently putting forward their own opinions in the form of urging or advising others, they will post a warning to that user. Continued breaking of this rule may result in restriction from our community.)
- Post real names of the doctors or nurses treating you, or specific hospital teams.
- Post personal details of others, known both within and outside of the community
- Post anything that could be interpreted as self-publicity (including spamming – posting the same or similar message in many discussions), advertising (including pyramid selling and chain letters), selling or soliciting. If you’re discussing fundraising or events for us, feel free to add links where appropriate.
- Post any third-party surveys, polls or material that infringes any legal rights – for example, copyright or other proprietary rights
- Post private email addresses anywhere in the community. There’s a Private Message function, which is very useful if you’d like to talk to a member of the community on a one-to-one basis, and is a more secure way to share email addresses.
Privacy settings - setting your post to private will mean your post is not visible to people outside the community. It can still be picked up by Google search however the full post will not be visible. More on this here: healthunlocked.com/policies...
Using community topics - when you create a post, you can also assign it to a relevant topic. If you'd like a response from a BHF admin or nurse, tag your post as 'Ask the BHF' and someone will respond as soon as they can.
Titling posts - when creating your post, it's worth giving it a clear title that indicates what your post is about. This means you're more likely to get a response, especially if you're keen to hear from others.
We want our community to be a welcoming place, where members feel safe and supported. If you have any questions, or ideas for how we can improve the community, we’d love to hear from you!