I would really appreciate it, if someone could maybe shed some light on my situation. As I am very desperate for help, and I am not getting the help I need from various Doctors and Consultants.
I am a 28 year old Male from Wales, UK. I am physically fit, who follows a healthy diet/exercise regime, and have always been in good health (with the exception of the last 2 years):
Since May 2015 I have had random symptoms flare up; some symptoms more frequent than others.
Just some additional info. To date, I’ve seen: two Dermatologist Consultants, an Infectious Disease Consultant, and an Immunologist Consultant. All under my private healthcare insurance.
I have no allergies, as confirmed by tests.
Here is my symptom timeline:
- Since May 2015. Testicular swelling. Painful lumps on both testicles. Where pain will randomly flare up, and then go away. I’ve had an ultra sound, and they were confirmed non-dangerous and normal.
- Since June 2015. Painful sores on the Penis shaft. These took a week or so to clear up from the initial outbreak, and then went away for 6 months. However, they returned with a vengeance, and have flared up every 2 weeks on average since!!!!!! This obviously looked and felt like Herpes. However, my swabs and blood tests come back NEGATIVE with no signs of the virus. Depressing, to say the least!
- Since June 2016. The skin around my eyes randomly swelling up and getting infected. As if I have had trauma to the area. Eventually heals within a week or so. To date, it has re-occurred around 4 times.
- Since July 2016. Random red lumps (like cysts) on my upper torso. Mainly on the left arm, chest and upper back. These take a good 3-4 weeks to subside and fade. However they leave bad scarring.
- Random acne like spots, that are painful, red, and take a good 4 weeks to heal. No discharge comes out of these spots (like a normal spot would). These occur once or twice per month, and leave bad scarring.
- Hive reactions to my left arm, that subside and go away within 12 hours. These occur probably twice per week.
- Random skin infections behind my ears, that can’t be explained. They have occurred a total of 3 times to date.
- Random nose bleeds, that eventually stopped in September 2016 (could have been stress related maybe).
I know I may sound like a hypochondriac. But surely this is not right, and something has to be up with my body.
Judging on the pattern and type of symptoms, I have suspected Behcet’s – based on my own extensive research. When I mention it to medical staff, they tell me it’s not and dismiss me. Their rationale being, it’s rare and you need to have 'mouth ulcers' to qualify for a Behcet’s diagnosis.
Any help would be really appreciated. It’s been what I can only describe as……. the worst 2 years of my life.
Thanks in advance.