Small cuts and abrasions turning pussy

Is this due to my Behcets?

We have a small kitten that is tearing my hands to shreds, and everywhere that they have managed to break the skin ends up in what looks like a nice white headed spot.

I have noticed these before we got the kitten, but obviously never cut myself that often for me to really think anything of it.

Does anyone else get these when they have caused injury to their skin?

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I can't answer your question about whether the scratches getting infected is due to Behcet's or not. But I would suggest learning about cat scratch disease. My brother got scratched by his cat and the scratches got infected. He ended up in hospital having some very intense treatment and they thought he was in danger of losing his arm. It's obviously not common to have such a severe reaction, but it musn't be overlooked if you have a cat.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat-s...

• Hi I am new to this site and not sure I have Bechets but do have the symptoms. So I will just put my input on this question. I get mouth ulcers bad and any little slice cut any trauma at all makes me get a sore so it is possible that the scratches could be giving you sores. Again this is just my opinion from what I experience. 

• It's probably a pathergy reaction which can be a feature of Behcets and is included in the classification criteria. 

If you are immunosupressed you will need to be careful that it doesn't get infected. 

• Hi.  If I cut myself or am gardening and prickles catch my skin within 24 hours it will come up in a spot filled lump with puss.  You need to be very careful as these can quickly become worse.  I always ware gloves and long sleeves now, if playing with your kitten I would suggest the same.  As soon as you get any cuts, scratches I would treat immediately with antiseptic cream, I always wash my hands and any cuts etc with hibi scrub which you can get from most places.  It is a anti bacterial wash that vets use.  Being aware of how your body deals with things it half the battle.  Hope this helps. xx

• The same for me. Any cut or skin trauma it will become inflamed and sore. Being very good at skin washing with antibacterial  products and covering them helps a lot.  

I think be he's is more about treating the symptoms as they appear than trying to prevent as that's near impossible!

• Same as others. My cuts take forever to heal and can quickly become infected... even after washing etc. I think its due to my colcrys... at least thats when i started noticing how slow I heal...

once they pus up- i take a dose or two of 50mg Doxycycline (1 every 12 hours) as soon as I notice the red swells or pus forming...I am pretty good at telling right off that bat if its going to be infected or not.

I also always wash with antibacterial soap after playing with my Rat- same issues...sharp claws... i also apply coconut oil on my hands as it moisturizes and contains anti bacterial properties.

Ask your Rheum or dr for some doxy- this has literally saved my butt from something much worse many times and let my immune system take on a "lesser battle" when it comes to infection.

• Ok, so this does sound like this is part of my behest disease. I will keep an eye on it. At present my symptoms are minimal, just the normal ulcers, headache, fatigue, stiffness... But this is par for the course now I guess. I will add pus filled lumps to the list!! 😄

You may also like...