Burning in upper right abdomen

Hello everyone,

Since last Saturday I have been dealing with pain in the upper right quadrent of my abdomen. I was admitted to the hospital on Friday evening as they believed it was my gallbladder. I had several test run, ct scan, ultrasound, abdomen xray, HIDA scan, and EGD. All of these came back that they were all neg. I was put on Prilosec 40 mg twice a day and a medication that will coat the stomach to protect from stomach acid. I have this burning sensation in my stomach in the same spot and i am wondering what else it could be.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi I. Opulent believe your post as I have exactly the same problem. I have been suffering with this burning, belching and wind for almost seven weeks and have had episodes over the last year and a half, but this is the worst. I eventually go for an ultra sound on Sunday. I also have other symptoms coming that I am sure is my Behcets and now after your post I am even more convinced it is.

I will let you know how my scan is and maybe we are onto something!!!

Billi

• Opulent should read as honestly.....these pads have a life of their own ...lol😊

• How long have you been on the losec? Do you find any difference in the pain/burning?

Are you on prednisone by chance? When I am , it gives me terrible gut rot, pain and burning. When i was given nexium 40 mg once a day-worked like magic. Is this the same of what you were prescribed?

Hope you feel better:)

Gen

You may also like...