I managed to get a face-to-face appointment with a doctor yesterday but unfortunately other events changed the outcome. As I’ve detailed in my Profile I also have an autoimmune illness and, due to a type of flare, I’d had to increase my steroids (from 6mg of Prednisolone to 60mg per day). I seemed to be coping OK with gradually tapering back to my usual dose but yesterday morning felt VERY ill due to so much Pred in my system. So, most of my appointment was taken up with trying to work out how best to get me back to “normal” - whatever that is😀 - and it was agreed that I should continue on the Anoro until I see her again next week. Hopefully I will have recovered from this reaction and we can look properly at a better inhaler for me. Unfortunately, there is no chance for me to have a lung function test in the immediate future - there isn’t a respiratory nurse any more at the practice and the wait list for a hospital referral is upwards of SIX months 😡
Thank you all for your concern and advice and I’m sure I’ll get sorted before too long.