Getting rid of forehead scars

Hi guys, I was 18 when while panicking ( a ball went flying forward to my head ) I just moved my head and hit the edge of an iron trash can, it didnt hurt or something , I didnt even pass out went on with life ( Had a few problems but recovered 85% ). The problem is sometimes I hate myself, everytime in life when I tried to just protect myself I ended up being hurt even if it wasnt my fault. Why me?? I have a 1 cm scar on my forehead ( And a bump over it , docs in my country dont care and they didnt tell me that I need to put ice on it ) . It seems no one can notice it, only if you see if in a near distance, but I see it everyday and it is a constant reminder of what a trauma did I do to myself just because I was afraid of a ball hitting me on the head ) I wasnt even playing football btw , I was standing outsids the field.. Is there anyway to get rid of them?

Pardon me for my gramatical mistakes, English is my third language and I learnt it the last 2 years ( afer TBI )

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Only 1cm. That sounds like you have been very lucky. And speaking 3 languages well. Amazing.

I'm really envious.

I guess plastic surgery may be possible, but at a cost.

Scars will improve with time, but if it is only 1 cm, that could easily be hidden with makeup if you wished.

• Scars are nothing to be ashamed of.....they are your life-scars...it shows you are an interesting person....be proud of yourself...if people see you only for your good looks they are not people worth befriending. We call it shallow !

You have low self-worth, anxiety does this to us.

Be kinder to yourself. It doesn't matter about other people, they all have their own issues.....would you think less of a person because of a little scar ? Or a large scar even ? I hope not.

Anyone who makes you feel bad about yourself, your looks ..or doesn't support you...leave them well alone....they ARE NOT FRIENDS......not real friends.

• Thank you for your kind words, but In my country if someone has scars they meant that you werend that kind of guy who stays in a place ( meaning you were that troublesome guy, did a mess and so on ) thats ehy I care , Im not that kimd of guy and never want to be..

• Just be yourself...stop worrying about what other people think about your scars..,you are YOU...nobody is perfect...and perfect is boreing!

You may also like...